SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2001, 09:58 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,782 Posts
ECO 16 ?

Has anyone tried an ECO 16. I like my ECO 8 so much that I am considering it.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2001, 05:36 AM
Hatboro Pa. USA
Joined Jan 2001
346 Posts
I think its kinda cool, But for the price of the motor and the upgrade kit, you can be on your way to building a Graupner. I decided this. I kept my ECO 8 as is and have bought a Graupner Trainer E. Its bigger than the ECO 16 and has screaming power with 24 cells. I use my ECO 8 for all around fun flying and the Graupner is my baby.
Dave
Capt. Dave is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Dave
Old Jun 06, 2001, 01:10 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,782 Posts

Does anyone have a good source for ECO 16 parts?

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 06, 2001, 03:40 PM
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Dec 2000
64 Posts
Hobby Lobby has most of the 16 parts but do not carry the tail boom nor the landing gear, and they will not pull them from the upgrade kits.

Terry
tdollmeyer is offline Find More Posts by tdollmeyer
Old Jun 07, 2001, 07:49 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined May 2000
122 Posts
Try here http://www.fxaeromodels.com/newpage1.htm He does carry the tail boom, but I did not see landing gear. His prices are great for the Eco 8/16 parts that he has. It looks like he is a distributor so he should be able to get any parts that you need.
ToXS is offline Find More Posts by ToXS
Old Jun 24, 2001, 01:17 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
And then there's the LOGO 16/20 - light, strong, and great flying! The ECO 8 looks fragile enough without putting on a longer tail boom and rotor blades.

I think I'm finally getting "approval" for my LOGO 20 from one of my acquaintances who is practicing 3-D on his 60 sized glow heli. Yesterday I was demonstrating rip-snorting speed, very large loops, and consecutive rolls (some stationary) to him. It was the first time he'd seen it really fly since I installed the 300/25/A3 motor and 24 cells. He FINALLY did not tell me (as he has over and over) that I need a 60-sized glow heli to keep from being held back by performance limitations of my heli. My life is complete now

Cheers!

Glen

gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Old Jun 25, 2001, 12:51 AM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Hobby Lobby dose have the ECO 16 landing gear, I got a set when I was in there 6/9/2001.
Ask for HL part 3 IKA67822.
The bag is labled: #67822 Trainingslande-gestell
They sell is as a wide gear for the ECO 8. The skied are 8mm tubing by 240mm long and they are about 237mm span.
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Jun 25, 2001, 04:31 PM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Where Spacemen Live (TX)
Joined Jan 2000
1,096 Posts
Glen, I think I need your motor setup
I'm starting to outgrow my current setup.

The other weekend I tried to do a Tic-Toc in my Logo (at the urging of fellow fliers). Well it TICed ok, but when I got to the TOC, the rotors had slowed way down to the point where I thought I was gonna lose it. By the time I got it right side up and rotors back up to speed, I was only about 20 feet high (I didn't start very high to begin).

-FTZ
Fitz Walker is online now Find More Posts by Fitz Walker
Old Jun 25, 2001, 05:05 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
It got better the next day. He was talking about selling one of his glow helis to get a LOGO He's been dealing with motor setup problems lately and has noticed how I just show up, top up a pack and go flying. He asked me to get together a list of equipment and prices for him to try it out. Not that I was looking to make a convert by any means, but I would have figured him to be the toughest nut to crack

Glen
Old Jun 25, 2001, 09:43 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
I saw a ECO8 go down at Marcee, and was very surprized at how well the ECO came threw it.

The pilot lost orintation in gusty winds and it finally went down around 1/4 mile away in a low (16 in) corn field. I watched it hit the ground and rotors spin!

Total damage was a cracked canopy, a scratch on the MS blades form the paddle screw, bent tail boom and a link and skid came off.

I really thought it was going to be a total loss.

This really makes the choice between the ECO and voyager tuff!
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jun 25, 2001, 11:12 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
Hi Fitz,

Although I'm not quite up to the 1900 rpm that you said I'm running my LOGO at on your web site. I am getting close these days

Yesterday I had a similar experience to yours because I was cruising around at reduced rpm and getting some experience with heading hold (yes, over 300 flights on my LOGOs and never felt I needed it enough to bother switching, hehe) while I gave my old 20 cell packs some flight time. I did this lazy 540 turn and took a bit extra time to fix its position and then when I pulled out the heli had lost rpm and was wobbling, shaking, and making ugly sounds. It almost ate up all my spare altitude too

Glen
Old Jun 26, 2001, 12:20 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
Fred, if you're thinking about those two helis, it might be worth waiting for the LOGO 10 One issue with the Voyager is having to buy a motor and ESC that you might not want - one which in fact you might be better off without

I'm faced with a big parts order for my Voyager, unfortunately. If it was an ECO 8, it might be easier just to buy a whole new kit because they are pretty cheap. I can't do that with my Voyager unless I flog a motor and ESC from a new kit!

Cheers!

Glen