SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:09 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Question
What's with GWS and out-of-stock items?

Is this something that happens every summer, or is it just odd that a lot of people are looking for planes such as the E-Starter and the like, but all the online shops are out of stock?

I'm not in the market for anything, but I was just wondering...
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:46 PM
fun = win
United States, OR, Sisters
Joined Oct 2004
217 Posts
I'm still using my old GWS stuff from years ago, when they first got popular. I'm wondering if they're just not able to keep up with the continuing improvement in cost and quality in our hobby. There sure is a lot of good, inexpensive gear out there! For the original cost of an IPS geared setup, I can now get a more powerful brushless motor. Wouldn't that be interesting if the booming Chinese economy was unable to keep up with good old fashioned capitalism?
Bearweasel is offline Find More Posts by Bearweasel
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:45 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearweasel
I'm still using my old GWS stuff from years ago, when they first got popular. I'm wondering if they're just not able to keep up with the continuing improvement in cost and quality in our hobby. There sure is a lot of good, inexpensive gear out there! For the original cost of an IPS geared setup, I can now get a more powerful brushless motor. Wouldn't that be interesting if the booming Chinese economy was unable to keep up with good old fashioned capitalism?
Yes, it would be interesting. So much for cheap labor and outsourcing.

And yes, the gear is getting more and more inexpensive for what you get -- gotta love competition! By no means of imagination is this a cheap hobby, but at least it's becoming somewhat more affordable... which I hope translates to a lot of people picking up a plane and start flying at local parks and other places. It's always nice to see other people flying around at areas other than the local AMA field.
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94