HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
Sardinia, Italy
Joined May 2009
77 Posts
Hi guys!
I can't believe it but I find what's wrong on my setup after almost a year
For sure I understand how I'm stupid for haven't tried before
I only set ppm signal output on positive mode. Damn. Now my layz nunchuck converter it's working flawlessly. For sure I really don't know why original spektrum module accepts positive ppm signal instead of futaba standard.
Now, there is someone that want help me about fusing two sketchs or just want to tell me how can I start it?
sandro
Frazz is online now Find More Posts by Frazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
the real question is why isnt the ppm routine auto select like virtually all modern modules. trivial and almost no code increase.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:19 AM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
the real question is why isnt the ppm routine auto select like virtually all modern modules. trivial and almost no code increase.
Frazz, what code did you use? Because I can say with 100% certainty that mine is PPM auto select.
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:07 AM
Sardinia, Italy
Joined May 2009
77 Posts
This:
http://www.flytron.com/pdf/layz_nunchuck_rc.zip

I'm using it with an arduino nano, not with flytron's dedicated hardware.
For me the ppm auto select isn't a problem..my goal is fusing the codes to make an standalone dsm nunchuck tx with one arduino board...I check and it's possible to set an arduino mini, dsm module and a 500mah lipo inside nunchuck wii
First problem is that flytron's code is .pde but I'm thinking to use it with Dragon56's 16mhz code that is wrote under new arduino 1.0.
ciao, sandro
Frazz is online now Find More Posts by Frazz
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:20 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Ah, its code from flytron. I thought you were using parts of the original DSM2 cod for the PPM portion but I guess not. Nevermind then

Cool Project!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Peotone,Il USA
Joined Apr 2004
184 Posts
Working but still has issues

After a failed attempt with the first version because of binding issues I
decided to take the jump into the Ardunio
version. After receiving the 16MHZ board and programmer I was successful in
uploading the sketch and incorporating the circuit in a Futaba T6XA transmitter
using a low power transmitter from a MLP4DSM.
Success I can now bind to all my DSM2 receivers and the Futaba channel layout
matches Spectrum. But all is still not correct and I have a minor problem I normally fly with the throttle trim all the way down after my first flight last night I killed the throttle but instead of the motor shutting off at bottom stick I came on full
further investigation showed that the motor would at very low stick shut down
but reducing the stick all the way caused it to go to full power I also found that can this be circumvented by altering the Futaba ATV to 90 percent.
Later when checking a different pane that had the same throttle issues I
noticed when using this the futabaDSM2 transmitter that the servos where not
centered. It would appear that during the conversion from PPM to DMS2
by the Arduino all the channels are offset slightly. Does anyone know what
function in the sketch that I could change that would allow me to center all
the servos at once?

Thanks Joe
Joe P is offline Find More Posts by Joe P
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Woking
Joined Jun 2005
1 Posts
Old dog...New tricks ... Who needs a DX6i

After a few months of experiment and development I have now successfully built a 6ch 2.4GHz DSM2 module that plugs into the trainer socket on the back of my trusty old (pre 50th anniversary version) Futaba FF6 35Mhz transmitter, enabling me to fly my Blade MSR. I would like thank those of you who contribute to this forum (and others like it) that planted the seed that this might be possible. My 2.4Ghz module uses a Spektrum module from a HP6DSM SR transmitter, an Arduino Pro Mini v2 and a handful of electronic components. I was hoping to build an 8 channel transmitter (as I read somewhere that this might be possible) and included two 3 position switches in my module. Unfortunately the 2.4 GHz module I used will only accept 6 channels, but I can remap the two extra switches into ch5 and ch6 if required. While I was at it, I decided to add expo rates on the first 4 channels, as my old transmitter does not have this function. Now I have a fully functional, programmable, full range 6ch 2.4GHz transmitter for very little extra cost...... Result!

Not only that but in the process, I now have a reasonable knowledge of Spektrum DSM communication protocol and have learned how to program Arduino mcu's. Better make that two old dogs learning new tricks!
Perigrine is offline Find More Posts by Perigrine
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:36 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2012
165 Posts
I just read the 1st page of this thread: What sense does it make to open a cheap $5 Chinese transmitter and put about $150 worth of work into it to achieve..... I dunno what???

Too much free time.
XtalHunt is offline Find More Posts by XtalHunt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:34 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtalHunt View Post
I just read the 1st page of this thread: What sense does it make to open a cheap $5 Chinese transmitter and put about $150 worth of work into it to achieve..... I dunno what???

Too much free time.
What sense does it make to spend a lot of time (thousand of dollars worth if dedicated to work) playing with RC toys?

More or less the same. Some people enjoy RC flying, driving, sailing..., another enjoy as much building planes and models, and there are people who enjoy just as much tinkering with electronics (remember this is the DIY electronics forum...).

Too much free time? Maybe, that's why hobbies exist, after all.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:41 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,657 Posts
Who puts 150$ worth of work to do this module ?

It takes less than one hour and I'm not proficient in soldering, a 15$ pro-micro, and a spare MLP4DSM transmitter.

Really, before making such type of reply, just read the whole thread not just the first page.

And as being said, some of us love tinkering...
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Last edited by blackmoon; Dec 08, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Who puts 150$ worth of work to do this module ?

It takes less than one hour and I'm not proficient in soldering, a 15$ pro-micro, and a spare MLP4DSM transmitter.

Really, before making such type of reply, just read the whole thread not just the first page.

And as being said, some of us love tinkering...
I only put $5 into mine. the only reasons I went for this build were:

1) I had an Aurora 9 and I wanted to use the really cheap Orange RXs (the Hitec clones were not availible at the time).
2) My old DX5e (the tx I got the module from) was suffering from component failure in its old, well used, age.

Please don't just say things to annoy people, find another thread to do that please.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:42 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl View Post
What sense does it make to spend a lot of time (thousand of dollars worth if dedicated to work) playing with RC toys?

More or less the same. Some people enjoy RC flying, driving, sailing..., another enjoy as much building planes and models, and there are people who enjoy just as much tinkering with electronics (remember this is the DIY electronics forum...).

{Too much free time? Maybe, that's why hobbies exist, after all.}
There is no such thing as "too much free time"
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:24 AM
France, Île-de-France, Paris
Joined Jun 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl View Post

Daniel_arg likes this
daniel_arg is offline Find More Posts by daniel_arg
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Anyone buy one of the newest TX modules? Apparently the FCC ID is the same DAMTX11 as the DX4e rf board but they will do at least 8 channels from the PPM convertor. Just wondering if anyone has anything from the latest batch and if they may have tried getting the rf board inside to work with more than 6 channels.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post

is it possible to use this modul with the kopropo ex 1 ?

the pinouts are followring (picture from the www)

12 to 6v should work.. somehow

unfortunately the orangeRX modul for futaba is in backorder several months @ HK
GolfFear is offline Find More Posts by GolfFear