Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfFear View Post
hm okay.

also it will work at the kopropo and the throtle, steering and 3rd channel?
The best I can do is say "Probably"

It does look from the picture you posted that the signal is not quite right. You might need a pull up or pull down resistor for the PPM signal, or possibly a transistor circuit.

Can you post a link to the German forum? I might be able to figure out a bit more from that.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Probably ... okay

yes here is the link, thema ist mod the eurgle module for the kopropo mars.
the mars only works when you put a 12kohm resistor between PPM and V+ and this i must made to when the X1OEMTX with audrino will work
*edit*
the "PPM part" of the kopropo dosnt enable without the 12kohm resistor, so it's right
sorry, my english is very fürn arsch but better then google translator poo..
*edit*

eurgle on kopropo
GolfFear is offline Find More Posts by GolfFear
Last edited by GolfFear; Jan 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
So the KO works with the Eurgle/9x module, providing you install a pull up resistor.
Which means there is a pretty good chance that the circuit you linked to in this thread will work as well. (With a pull up resistor)

With two small problems
- Futaba and The Eurgle probably have reversed polarity of the PPM signal. But you should be able to fix that in the Arduino code. Or with a transistor inverter.
It might just enough to change the comment lines here:
Quote:
// TCCR1B = (1<<ICES1) | (1<<CS11); // capture using rising edge, prescaler = 8
TCCR1B = (1<<CS11); // capture using falling edge, prescaler = 8
to this
Quote:
TCCR1B = (1<<ICES1) | (1<<CS11); // capture using rising edge, prescaler = 8
// TCCR1B = (1<<CS11); // capture using falling edge, prescaler = 8

-The only other problem would be that in the Arduino code he does some channel re-ordering to get the Futaba sequence to match the Spektrum one. You will likely have to get rid of that as well. Looks like just one line to change

Quote:
static byte ChanIndex[] = {3,1,2,4,5,6}; //PPM to DSM2 Channel Mapping Table
changed to
Quote:
static byte ChanIndex[] = {1,2,3,4,5,6}; //PPM to DSM2 Channel Mapping Table
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
wow amazing , thank you very much for this help and your patience with me

my to do list it:
- order one audrino mini pro (does the rebulid versions work to?)
- change the command lines (and I thought it would be more complicated..)
- learning immediately english for this forum to learn more about audrino etc
- now a cigarett and a cup of coffee
- google how i put the pde file on the audrino

with the bind button, i can use it but i must not ? right ?

Thanks again, u make me hopefuel.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
If your module goes into bind mode on power up then the bind button is not needed, and won't actually do anything.

Pat MacKenzie
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
okay, thanks.
i think i can beginn with the bulid at thursday when the audrino board and the usb "thing" is here.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
so, i've ordert these things:
3x audrino pro mini compatible board
and
USB - Serial...
jippie, i'm happy and can not wait
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:51 PM
Sudden Freak
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2006
330 Posts
Thanks Pat, looks like you've answered most of the questions. I tried to put as many comments as I could just for that purpose so the code can be readable and reusable.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to offer more help since I've never even heard about KO Propo before.
Looking at the website... it looks like it is only for ground vehicles, therefore it might not work since those radios follow their own rules that sometimes are incompatible with the air radios.
Just the fact that there are only three channels might be enough that Spektrum TX module won't work since I guess it expects not less than six. But again, I cannot tell that for sure.
Also using air transmitters/receivers for controlling ground stuff might have some difficulties since the signal path is totally different on the ground than being in the air at the line of sight...
c2po is offline Find More Posts by c2po
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
It looked like your code would send 6 channels out as soon as it decided it was getting good frames., substituting the default values if required.
But if that is not the case then I am sure it can be made to do it.

Pat MacKenzie
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
Sudden Freak
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
It looked like your code would send 6 channels out as soon as it decided it was getting good frames., substituting the default values if required.
But if that is not the case then I am sure it can be made to do it.
Yeah, I looked at that part of the code too trying to see if it expects no less than six, but looks like it will take as many (or as few) as there are, but not more that eight.
Still I'm not sure what kind of PPM is there in KO Propo, even in the air transmitters every manufacturer has their own "standard" when it comes to polarity/voltage levels/need for a pull-up resistor/etc...
And I've never dealt with any of the ground radios, but I remember reading about some regulations prohibiting use of air stuff for the ground vehicles and vice versa (of course it won't stop us from experimenting, lol), although not sure what countries was that for, each country/region has it's own rules about frequencies/channels/max power and other kind of stuff.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
That was on the old 72 band. For 2.4 there is no such restriction.

I followed the link he provided to the German site, and they were able to use the KO pro with a JR style FlySky aircraft module, so other than shift polarity it should be able to work.

Pat MacKenzie
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
my first mod was an old spektrum DX2 (has the same spektrum modul how the DX2.0) with broken housing.
i've seperate the module and put it to an other FM transmitter (named modelcraft.3ch 40Mhz FM ground radio)

i have only mesaured with an multimeter the 3 pins, vcc, gnd and signal.
so i've got the battery voltage, gnd and an lower voltage, i mean 9v or something and think, yes, this must be the ppm.
however, it works fine and i'm happy
up to the day my ex girlfriend drive with a car over it accidentally at a Race...

and yes, germany are the land of stupid rules -.-
2,4Ghz TX maximum output are 100mw

the rest is this:
27Mhz for all models:
04 26.995 MHz - 30 27.255 MHz

35 MHz only for airmodels:
61 35.010 MHz - 80 35.200 MHz

Bereich 40 MHz:
Channels 50 - 53 for all models.
Channels 54 – 59 und 81 – 92 for all models but not airmodels.
50 40.665 MHz - 92 40.985 MHz

however..

the actualy TX module is from this transmitter

and i "noobly" think, hm, with the help from pmackenzie and the code from c2po it can only works fine
i can't mesaure the kopropo by myself because i have no oszilloscope, only a multimeter and my eyes.

by the way, i have a littlebit paintjob made for the circuit (based from o2po's circuit)
the 12Kohm resistor is right placed ?
Last edited by GolfFear; Jan 16, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:21 AM
Taiwan Taipei
Joined Oct 2004
11 Posts
I have followed C2PO's code, and make my LP4DSM works correctly with FF9 and 3PK.
Then I tried to make another one for me SD-10G, and connect to a DX4e module(X1TXO), still follow C2PO's schematic,it does bind, but servo react like jumping from one position to an other, it seems there is some delay.
(update)
When I replace SD-10G by FF9, it works correctly. I used my LA, and found out that SD-10G has a PPM period of 24ms, FF9 is 22ms.
As the code update serial data to TX module every time when it finish the PPM decoding, so the serial out put rate with my SD-10G is also 24ms, confirmed by LA.
I guess this could be the problem. It seems the serial update rate should be less than or equal to 22ms.(on my 3PK, it has a PPM cycle at about 12~14ms)
chinweihung is offline Find More Posts by chinweihung
Last edited by chinweihung; Jan 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
bind to another tx ?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:56 AM
Sudden Freak
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfFear View Post
by the way, i have a littlebit paintjob made for the circuit (based from o2po's circuit)
the 12Kohm resistor is right placed ?
You do not need that resistor, there is already R4 for that purpose.