HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:05 AM
Hondschoote (France)
Joined Jan 2003
45 Posts
hello,
this is a dms(1) module from my DX6, is some body have some information about this?
thank

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
franckh is offline Find More Posts by franckh
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:39 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franckh View Post
hello,
this is a dms(1) module from my DX6, is some body have some information about this?
thank
Lots of info about using the DX6 module in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=7202
and more in this one:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=7202

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hondschoote (France)
Joined Jan 2003
45 Posts
thank you very much
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:35 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,476 Posts
Would it be possible for me to add a headphone jack to the "toy grade" tx and make it work as a buddy box to my dx6i?
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Oct 23, 2011, 03:18 AM
Karlsruhe, Germany
Joined Jan 2004
210 Posts
Derk, afaik only by inserting a micro with software to convert the serial datastream described here to PPM.
Uwe Steller is offline Find More Posts by Uwe Steller
Old Oct 23, 2011, 04:35 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,476 Posts
i thought someone had figured out how to use the transmitter board from the rtf remote as a module, taking in the ppm of whatever remote you wanted to convert.which would mean the output of the main board IS a ppm signal right?
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:18 AM
"Simplify, then add lightness"
Raleigh,NC
Joined Nov 2000
2,701 Posts
Quote:
which would mean the output of the main board IS a ppm signal right?
Wrong. The main board talks to the RF module using a proprietary serial protocol. To use the RF module with a PPM transmitter requires a microcontroller to translate PPM into this serial protocol. That is what is described in this thread.

To use the main board as a PPM buddy box would require a micro to translate from the proprietary serial protocol into PPM.
jeffs555 is offline Find More Posts by jeffs555
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
Any hope for Dx6 users to upgrade it to DSM2?
mrexcel is offline Find More Posts by mrexcel
Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hondschoote (France)
Joined Jan 2003
45 Posts
for the DX6(not i) the link to the module is a ppm signal, i use mine to make a O24rcp TX system ( with X-bee).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:20 AM
Suttgart Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
Hello Guys ,

this is my first Post in RCG so , before i get started im Introducing myself.

My Name is Michael, i am 31J. old an come from Southern Germany near Stuttgart.

Inspirated from the Wonderful WII Copter Project by Alexin i came over to convert my T8FG to a Spektrum BNF suitable Radio

Because of the lack of Mode3 on the "cheaper" Spektrum Radios i didnīt have any Solution other than an "Spektrum Converter"

Anyway , i decided to build an PPM2DSM based on Daniel Argīs Solution

So i buyed an used LP5DSM Radio as "organ Donor" ;-) it lays around for few Months because i dindīt had an BNF such as MCPX.

A Few weeks ago my MCPX was delivered to me and so the "Project comes up Again"

Triggered by my Home Board in Germany Eigenbau Spektrum Modul für Futaba T8
I searched around the Threads for many many informations how to do that. Sticked together my Arduino Duemillanove on a Breadboard, but the X10EMT refused to bind.

After Controlling the Wiring i saw that the HF Module Pinout isnīt right because the Connector was soldered on the wrong side of PCB so + and Signal are changed , The Module comes up but doesnīt bind. Serial Monitor delivers Crappy Signs
After changing the wiring , the Module Binds but the MCPX doesnīt follow my Commands.
I am Using an 16Mhz Arduino so i havenīt change the Ticks per ms in the Servodecode.h
But the tricky thing is ,that Daniel Arg had changed the Ticks in the PPM2DSM Sketch too
;-) . This Mention could save many nerves for the other who will build some sort of this
After changing the Sketch too it binds and follows my commands!

Happy about this i have Build an "Blackbox" from an Old TW-FM Case to Attach the Whole Box witch Velcro on the Backside of the T8 .
T8FG2DSM
There is an working Video too following this Link

For the End here some Pictures , sorry for my long Initial Post but i think i canīt honor enough the Work and encourage of some People to Make this Dream true ,
regards
Michael

comments are welcome
Mataschke is offline Find More Posts by Mataschke
Last edited by Mataschke; Oct 31, 2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:27 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olisoft View Post
As for T9x transmitter I've seen that they added support for DSM2 module to Er9x firmware.
So you need only 3.3V stabilizer and a DSM2 module attached to the standard module connector.
Could you or someone else elaborate on this. It sounds like with the Er9x firmware, we can now get the serial data that the donated DSM2 module expect, without the need to build the PPM to serial encoder?

What do you mean by "need only 3.3v stabilize". Do you mean we just need to feed donated DMS2 module a stable 3.3v to power it?

Thanks,
-Daryoon
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:10 AM
TjW
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2006
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Could you or someone else elaborate on this. It sounds like with the Er9x firmware, we can now get the serial data that the donated DSM2 module expect, without the need to build the PPM to serial encoder?

What do you mean by "need only 3.3v stabilize". Do you mean we just need to feed donated DMS2 module a stable 3.3v to power it?

Thanks,
-Daryoon
I don't think the ER9X firmware has it implemented. One of the other replacements might.
But the same hardware mod that frees up a UART for telemetry would make that UART usable for the DSM2 module instead of telemetry.

From there, it would just be formatting the message appropriately from the mixer values and sending it over the UART.

You could look at the manual for the module on the FCC site to see what sort of power is required. I was thinking it would take 5V, but it's been awhile since I looked.
TjW is offline Find More Posts by TjW
Old Nov 02, 2011, 01:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
I see. I was going by olisoft's comment that they programmed into the er9x firmware. It does look like the latest th9x firmware may have it implemented? The last bullet point says that new DSM2 protocol. http://code.google.com/p/th9x/

Unsure what that really means and unable to find any more info on this.

I am awaiting my USB programmer to come in from China before I can tinker with this.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 03:42 PM
TjW
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2006
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I see. I was going by olisoft's comment that they programmed into the er9x firmware. It does look like the latest th9x firmware may have it implemented? The last bullet point says that new DSM2 protocol. http://code.google.com/p/th9x/

Unsure what that really means and unable to find any more info on this.

I am awaiting my USB programmer to come in from China before I can tinker with this.
I don't know, either, without going through the code.
TH9X in that link is different from ER9X, though.
TjW is offline Find More Posts by TjW
Old Nov 02, 2011, 04:36 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Hehe...thanks for the clarification. I did understand they are two different firmware. (You may have missed my third sentence that attempted to switch subject to the th9x)

I will have to test it out myself and report back once my programmer arrives.

Thanks for the replies though.

-Daryoon