HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:03 PM
Letsgetlow, letsgetfast!
Joined Jun 2007
298 Posts
Help!
New Problems-Blade CX

Alrighty then I've gotten past my old problems and fixed them but now I've got new ones unfortunatly >_<
PROBLEM FIXED YAY ^_^-My Blade CX won't go any higher than 4 feet even after a full charge
PROBLEM NOT FIXED >_<-It won't yaw properly as in when i try to yaw left, it yaws very slowly. When I yaw right, it yaws quickly as I've seen normally in videos.
PROBLEM NOT FIXED >_<-When I yaw right and quick, it makes a squealing noise. When i yaw left, no noise
PROBLEM FIXED YAY ^_^-Even after a full charge, after I get to about 3 feet, the red LED light inside the CX comes on and it glows solid red until I come back down to 1 foot off the ground. I'm pretty sure this is accociated with the "can't fly above 4 feet" problem.

That's about it until some new problems arise *sighs*
HELP ME
Lizard Boy is offline Find More Posts by Lizard Boy
Last edited by Lizard Boy; Sep 01, 2007 at 12:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:09 PM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
Try with a fresh new lipo first.If still presist,maybe is time for a new motor
Hazy is offline Find More Posts by Hazy
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:40 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,478 Posts
from the squealing noise tales me you have something slipping
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
Letsgetlow, letsgetfast!
Joined Jun 2007
298 Posts
slipping... ahhh yes..... Define slipping And what exactly do you think is "slipping." How do I fix it-I'm ordering a new Li-Po now so I"m going to see how that goes.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Lizard Boy

When I have problems with my CX2 and I do not see an immediate problem I just take the drive system apart (inner and outer shafts. swash and hub). Then I clean everything and re-lubricate (I am a lube everything kind of guy) as I put things back together being sure that everything is right. I pay particular attention to the lower rotor hub upper screws being lined up with the holes in the outer shaft and are not screwed in so tight that they are contacting the inner shaft, having .005-.010" end play in both shafts and that the screws on the inner shaft drive gear are on the flats and good and tight. Make sure that the flybar/upper rotor system move freely and the flybar is pretty straight and that the upper rotor is tracking straight.

Usually during this I either find something and fix it or it just flies right once it is back together. If it still flies bad you can be sure it is not drive shaft system related and then you can start checking those things you would normally not expect such as a bad motor.

My guess on your heli? It is obvious that your rotors are not turning as fast as they should. If they were, you would get more altitude without getting the red "max power" light on the 4-in-1. You need to look for things that could keep the rotors from turning at the intended RPM. If you are pretty sure the LiPo is OK and there is no reason to believe that the motors are bad, I would check the mechanical on the shafts for the needed end play which indicates that, if all else is correct, the shafts are not binding. If all else fails, remove the motors, put the shafts back in and spin them by hand to see that they are spinning freely. If the end play is OK then I would first question the LiPo and then the motors.

Good luck.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:19 AM
Joined Mar 2007
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikes
Lizard Boy

When I have problems with my CX2 and I do not see an immediate problem I just take the drive system apart (inner and outer shafts. swash and hub). Then I clean everything and re-lubricate (I am a lube everything kind of guy) as I put things back together being sure that everything is right. I pay particular attention to the lower rotor hub upper screws being lined up with the holes in the outer shaft and are not screwed in so tight that they are contacting the inner shaft, having .005-.010" end play in both shafts and that the screws on the inner shaft drive gear are on the flats and good and tight. Make sure that the flybar/upper rotor system move freely and the flybar is pretty straight and that the upper rotor is tracking straight.

Usually during this I either find something and fix it or it just flies right once it is back together. If it still flies bad you can be sure it is not drive shaft system related and then you can start checking those things you would normally not expect such as a bad motor.

My guess on your heli? It is obvious that your rotors are not turning as fast as they should. If they were, you would get more altitude without getting the red "max power" light on the 4-in-1. You need to look for things that could keep the rotors from turning at the intended RPM. If you are pretty sure the LiPo is OK and there is no reason to believe that the motors are bad, I would check the mechanical on the shafts for the needed end play which indicates that, if all else is correct, the shafts are not binding. If all else fails, remove the motors, put the shafts back in and spin them by hand to see that they are spinning freely. If the end play is OK then I would first question the LiPo and then the motors.

Good luck.

klondikes
Everytime I have a problem I follow this Klondike method and it works 99% of the time. Pay close attention to the lower hub and its set screws, a little to tight and they will cause binding on the inner shaft (I think.) Just start with loosining(sp?) those set scews a hair.
HydroJoe is offline Find More Posts by HydroJoe
Old Jul 31, 2007, 02:33 PM
Letsgetlow, letsgetfast!
Joined Jun 2007
298 Posts
Alright I took my CX apart and found that the inner shaft was actually a bit loose. I fixed it in a bit and tried flying again. There's no change. It still won't fly above 4 feet and after 2 minutes through the flight, it comes down to two feet and then it can't fly above 2 feet. I'm pretty sure its the battery. I also noticed another thing which was unusual. It takes my LIPO only 45 minutes to charge.... Also, when I yaw left, the heli loses altitude. When I yaw right, the heli yaws good and stays in place-but there's that screeching noise.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 04:52 PM
Joined May 2007
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Boy
Alright I took my CX apart and found that the inner shaft was actually a bit loose. I fixed it in a bit and tried flying again. There's no change. It still won't fly above 4 feet and after 2 minutes through the flight, it comes down to two feet and then it can't fly above 2 feet. I'm pretty sure its the battery. I also noticed another thing which was unusual. It takes my LIPO only 45 minutes to charge.... Also, when I yaw left, the heli loses altitude. When I yaw right, the heli yaws good and stays in place-but there's that screeching noise.
Bad motor maybe??? Hold the Cx in your hand and throttle up slowly then give left rudder and then right to which is causing the screeching. You then can remover both rotor assemblies, and do the same. If the screeching is gone, the
problem is in the rotors (shafts or bearings). If the screeching is still there, with just the motors, then it is definitely a motor on it's way out.
Scrat is offline Find More Posts by Scrat
Old Jul 31, 2007, 05:29 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,478 Posts
This sounds like the lower isn't in its holes. Mine would do the exact same thing. When the shaft was cool it would hold for exactly 2 min. and would come down almost like the toilet bowl effect. It really hard to get those screws in the holes.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2007, 05:35 PM
Letsgetlow, letsgetfast!
Joined Jun 2007
298 Posts
You mean the lower screws keeping the inner shaft in place? THose two? Yeah those are hard to get in but wouldn't you know if you didn't get it in the holes? If you didn't get the two in the holes, wouldn't part of the screw stick out instead of it all going in? And thanks scrat I'll try that.
Old Sep 01, 2007, 12:05 AM
Letsgetlow, letsgetfast!
Joined Jun 2007
298 Posts
Hey guys looks like the battery was the problem with the "can't go more than 4 feet" problem cuz now that's fixed. Unfortunatly our little screeching mouse doesn't seem to want to go away. I'm going to try what scrat said now that I have a new battery. RIGHT AFTER I RE-CHARGE. ^^
Old Sep 02, 2007, 01:47 AM
Genius or Madness?
The Evergreen State
Joined Jul 2007
873 Posts
Whatever you do, don't dispose the battery. I was doing an experiment with lights once with the CX2 battery. Kinda dumb of me, but I accidentally shorted it out, causing it to discharge WAY too rapidly. The battery couldn't hold a charge after that and it would barely keep my heli up for a minute. I bought two other batteries but decided to keep that bad one for some unknown reason. One day, when my two other "good" batteries were charging, I was bored and decided to recharge the "bad" battery 3 weeks after its shorting-out incident. Once I did that, it was like a miracle happened. It charged up to full capacity, and discharged like the "good" batteries. Now I have 3 Lipos, so it's all good. Just leave that bad battery alone for a while and recharge it at some point in the future. Who knows what'll happen....
Necron Xen is offline Find More Posts by Necron Xen