Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Paul@SCC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:06 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,186 Posts
Discussion
My Super cub videos

Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Last edited by Paul@SCC; Jul 03, 2008 at 04:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:24 PM
Primavera Pic Nic!
Guadalajara Mexico
Joined Jul 2007
450 Posts
what camera did you use?

Great videos, I have gone through only half of them; I would like to take some in flight videos but am not sure which camera to use do you have details on the 5 in 1 camera that you mention, it looks cool, I have been looking at the Fly Cam One from Hobby Lobby $ 80. but have not made my mind yet.

Also, your super cub looks nicely customized, did you had the decals made or did you buy them off the shelve at a hpbby store? Being in mexico leaves us with limited supply of accessories, and I have recently bought a Super cub as well and am thinking or customizing it, by either painting it or adding decals

thanks for your help.

Ricardo.
Ricardo Palacio is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo Palacio
Old Jul 31, 2007, 02:49 AM
Joined Jan 2007
3,186 Posts
Hi Ricardo.
This is the camera i use.
http://www.indoorflyer.co.uk/index.a...&productid=219

You can also get it at Gorilla Bobs.
http://www.gorillabobsshack.com/cata...b15920b9dbe880

You can only recod 6 minutes with these cameras, where as the flycam one takes an sd card for longer recording time.

Thanks for your kind words on the Cub. Apart from the original decal on the vertical stabilizer, the rest of my cub i hand painted. I used an acrylic paint that i bought from a local craft store. I used black electrical tape that i cut into 2mm strips, these strips made the pattern and then i filled in with paint. The strips give a nice crisp edge.

In Febuary of this year i started a Super cub forum, my user name is SCC.
You will find some useful info there. Come and join us, here's the link.
http://supercubclub.proboards78.com/index.cgi

Cheers

Paul
Last edited by Grandus Gallus; Jul 31, 2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:49 AM
Primavera Pic Nic!
Guadalajara Mexico
Joined Jul 2007
450 Posts
Thanks Paul, O have already joined the club, my user is Ricardo; I'll look foreward to reviewing it I am sure I will learn a lot, I used to fly glow planes long time ago, and now my son and I are restartingt he Hobby, My wife got me a Super Cub for my Birthday; I thought it was going to be too much of an easy plane, buy am I surprised; it flies great and I am having a lot of fum, I'll be posting some pictures soon.

Regarding the camera, I'll look for it, I just realized that you love in UK, so I do not know if in Mexico or the US I'll find it, The one I was looking into has an expandable SD memory card slot thata ccept up to 1G, and records close to an hour, I'll let you know my final decission and post some videos soon.

best regards
Ricardo Palacio is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo Palacio
Old Aug 02, 2007, 03:30 AM
Joined Jan 2007
3,186 Posts
Hi Ricardo.
Good to see you on the Supercub forum.
I am originaly from the UK but i now live in Italy.

Good luck with the camera you choose.

Cheers

Paul