436 Posts
Discussion
UAVP quadrocopter

Any one working on one of their own ?

For info:
http://www.uavp.de/index.php?option=...mid=39&lang=en

EEK
eekflyer is offline Find More Posts by eekflyer
Last edited by eekflyer; Aug 27, 2007 at 08:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:54 AM
Joined Jun 2007
102 Posts
me...
mugur is offline Find More Posts by mugur
Old Aug 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
Joined Aug 2007
2 Posts
me too!
josterch is offline Find More Posts by josterch
Old Aug 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
26 Posts
I'll be starting on one soon... As soon as I get my parts list together and figure out how many parts my family is willing to buy me for my birthday next month.

-Littlebear
Littlebear is offline Find More Posts by Littlebear
Old Aug 27, 2007, 08:36 AM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
Excellent! Let's see them!
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:15 AM
Cracow, Poland
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Very interesting website, thanks for sharing!
Szymon Bartus is offline Find More Posts by Szymon Bartus
Old Sep 05, 2007, 11:46 AM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
mugur, josterch, Littlebear,

How's progress? Did anyone get a mainboard started yet?

EEK
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:47 AM
Joined Nov 2005
244 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm also looking to assemble one of these. However, I'm stuck at the order page waiting for the lipoly.de shop to feed back on the final price so that I can pay them. Any idea how long this wait will be ? It's been like this for a few days already. I'm kinda expecting a response but so far nothing.

Regards,
Joe Ling

PS: In the meantime, I am about to start a scratch build of a more comventional 4 rotor craft inspired by likai's EDF VTOL (thanks likai ). Waiting for the roll/pitch gyros to arrive & I will have all components for the build.
joeling is offline Find More Posts by joeling
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:40 AM
Queens, New York, U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
I will be soon but in the mean time

I started the another larger frame but the on the one.
The right is actually a UAVP Styled frame (aluminum + carbon fiber) with x3d, xbase, ACT receiver,EMAX2812 bl motors, Draganflyer props and so far a 1000mah lipo. I want to put a camera on it soon

BigD300SE is online now Find More Posts by BigD300SE
Last edited by BigD300SE; Sep 16, 2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:11 PM
Wow That's Cool!
Bay Area, CA
Joined Nov 2004
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD300SE
I started the another larger frame but the on the one.
The right is actually a UAVP Styled frame (aluminum + carbon fiber) with x3d, xbase, ACT receiver,EMAX2812 bl motors, Draganflyer props and so far a 1000mah lipo. I want to put a camera on it soon

WOW! ... great job ... I've always wanted to fashion something like that too ... what is the total weight of the small versus the large? Be interested to know how the X-Base works with the larger frame. What brushless motors and controllers are you going to use?

--Eric--
tend2it is offline Find More Posts by tend2it
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:23 PM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
Hey BigD300SE,

Good work! Is that battery going to be large enough?

-EEK
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:14 AM
LV4 & HB CP2 Pilot
Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
Joined Jul 2007
614 Posts
what a kewl project. I wish I had the techinical and electrical knowhow to put something like this together! Nice.

Well done!
apmc2203 is offline Find More Posts by apmc2203
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
Queens, New York, U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
Hey Everybody

Thank you for all your interst in my projects
I am not quite sure of the weight yet I have to order a scale soon ad the I will tell you. I tried my best to keep it as light as possible but strong enough for a crash.
In the mean time I will try the battery I have to cut the weight a bit.
As we all know there has to be a compromise between weight,motor power and flight times. Like in the stock Silverlit x-ufo you get better flight times with the 950 or 850 mah battery than the 1250mah battery. It's kinda funny that the 950 and 850 weigh less than the original batery the flyer comes with.
As a matter of fact I had a chance to feel a DraganflyII and that rig had a bit of weight to it with those brused motors so I figured I should be ok.
As far as what motor I am going to use on the second one I am looking for something with at least 3lbs of thrust or better. I am also debating about xbase x3d setup again or microcopter. Just in case you guys did not know so far the xufo upgrades only come in 35/36/40 mhz so far It seems 72mhz stuff is coming later this year they said plus the xufo stuff is kind of plug and play.The Micrcopter is capable of 72 mhz but it stiil seems to be evolving and the German translations are a little off so it's a little hard to comprehend at times. As things progress I will keep everybody posted.
I just got my Futaba T6EXP yesterday and I am just waiting for my crystal set.

Oh and by the way here is a frame I fabbed up out of foam board that I was thinking of skinning it with either carbon fiber or thin balsa for strength this is pretty light for it's size
Last edited by BigD300SE; Sep 16, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:41 PM
Wow That's Cool!
Bay Area, CA
Joined Nov 2004
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD300SE
Thank you for all your interst in my projects
I am not quite sure of the weight yet I have to order a scale soon ad the I will tell you. I tried my best to keep it as light as possible but strong enough for a crash.
In the mean time I will try the battery I have to cut the weight a bit.
As we all know there has to be a compromise between weight,motor power and flight times. Like in the stock Silverlit x-ufo you get better flight times with the 950 or 850 mah battery than the 1250mah battery. It's kinda funny that the 950 and 850 weigh less than the original batery the flyer comes with.
As a matter of fact I had a chance to feel a DraganflyII and that rig had a bit of weight to it with those brused motors so I figured I should be ok.
As far as what motor I am going to use on the second one I am looking for something with at least 3lbs of thrust or better. I am also debating about xbase x3d setup again or microcopter. Just in case you guys did not know so far the xufo upgrades only come in 35/36/40 mhz so far It seems 72mhz stuff is coming later this year they said plus the xufo stuff is kind of plug and play.The Micrcopter is capable of 72 mhz but it stiil seems to be evolving and the German translations are a little off so it a little hard to comprehend at times. As things progress I will keep everybody posted.
I just got my Futaba T6EXP yesterday and I am just waiting for my crystal set.

Oh and by the way here is a frame I fabbed up out of foam board that I was thinking of skinning it with either carbon fiber or thin balsa for strength this is pretty light for it's size
There is a hackable 72MHz solution for the xufo-related upgrades ... in a modded Berg 4L ... see attached and this thread for details on how to do it (keep in mind that there are two ways ... the 1st removes a bunch of weight and the other only solders three wires ... the way I did it to retain the power pins) ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706305

The Foam frame looks NICE too! ... what are you using to cut your CF?

I would be interested in supersizing mine too ... but all of the x-stuff is optimized for its current list of components ... modifying the frame, motors, and controllers will be the groundwork to see if it would work if you go that route. When the ACC add-on module becomes available for it to basically fly itself stablely hands-free ... we are still limited in thrust and payload weight limitations the way it is today.

--Eric--
tend2it is offline Find More Posts by tend2it
Last edited by tend2it; Sep 15, 2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 05:08 PM
Queens, New York, U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
Yup the Berg

I am aware of the Berg mod we will see how that works too. X3D BL seems to have enough power and the some to launch it hopefully the board has enough for a little extra weight.