HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:52 AM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,346 Posts
Alert
From SeaFest organizer: $750 for prizes and Long Beach city insurance for slope event

We were flying at Bluff Park in Long Beach, CA today when an official from the SeaFest festival stopped by and offer this proposition:
Organize a slope flying event at Bluff Park on Aug 26th and SeaFest will provide $750 for prizes and free insurance + publicity !. Since this will be an all day event, I assume we can also fly electric in the morning. 3D, heli etc. Slope in the afternoon.
The official is an aviation enthusiast ( has his own Cessna 182 and flies R/C ).

He is trying to bring aviation type activities to Long Beach. He is in the process of bringing the Blue Angels to SeaFest 2010. The flight cube will be between Seal Beach Weapon Ctr and Queen Mary. The Bluff Park will be the VIP grand stand with controller at the end of Belmont Shore Pier.

I have volunteered to be the go between man between the slope community and SeaFest. I have no experience in organizing events. I need help !.

Please response with your idea.... $750.. what to buy ?.. free insurance !.
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:56 AM
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2004
3,509 Posts
I'm not sure if the F3F racers have an event planned on Aug 26th but a FOAM MOM race would be WAY FUN.

I would go for a MOM race AND a combat comp. You could buy a GRIP of HS-85mg's whole sale and give them to the piolots that enter. If only 10 of us show up we all will get a servo or two.

Dave
who needs servos not transmitters.
Chief High Horse is offline Find More Posts by Chief High Horse
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
Embrace the suck
Joined Nov 2004
4,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoey
Please response with your idea...
My idea would be to get the terms and conditions in writing

Nauga,
who has been promised lots of things
nauga is offline Find More Posts by nauga
Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,191 Posts
Bluff Park?

FWIW the f3f event is the 25th.
Try contacting SCSR and getting them to run it....perhaps they could use it as a fund rasier...ya know raffle tickets and entry fee for donated prizes and pehaps a Composite 60"er as the hook....that might help bolster attendence...
Maybe using the 750.00 for nice tee shirts which continue to give the Sea Feast exposure in to the future...
Assuming the city has given you a good place to land passer by free you could run both composite an foam mom...even in the lighter winds the composites are quite fast and would give onlookrs something to yak about...
Alan
Terminator is offline Find More Posts by Terminator
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:34 PM
The sky is my playground
Near the Ocean in Hunt. Beach Calif.
Joined Apr 2006
999 Posts
Sunday the 26th i can fly a couple of small electrics and bring aa wing or two need more info about seal beach blvd and the queen mary what is that the belmont pier is pretty far from the flag on the bluff park flying area need more info im sure theres a few guys that live close enough to make it a go plus no fermin cuz of crowds on sundays might bring out even more Jimmy in Huntington Beach
flyboyjimi is offline Find More Posts by flyboyjimi
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:21 PM
Embrace the suck
Joined Nov 2004
4,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyjimi
need more info about seal beach blvd and the queen mary what is that the belmont pier is pretty far from the flag on the bluff park flying area
I think he's saying the proposed showline for the Blue Angels in 2010 is between NWS Seal Beach and the Queen, with Bluff Park as show center. Could make for an interesting show, particularly in PV

Nauga,
and his footprint
nauga is offline Find More Posts by nauga
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:31 PM
The sky is my playground
Near the Ocean in Hunt. Beach Calif.
Joined Apr 2006
999 Posts
Blue angels wow

thank you I sorta thought might be the case jimmy
flyboyjimi is offline Find More Posts by flyboyjimi