Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 27, 2007, 02:02 AM
OC California
Joined Jul 2007
11 Posts
Discussion
What's the Top 3 most popular r/c cars today?

Hi,

Its been a long time since I had Tamiya TAO3 or TA04 cant remember, maybe 7yrs ago.. But I wanted to race cars again. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
TJ Hover is offline Find More Posts by TJ Hover
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2007, 07:19 AM
Joined Dec 2006
4 Posts
the cars have gotten to the point that it's hard to pick a "bad" one these days. it usually comes down to spare parts availability at your LHS. or what color do you like? kinda like picking out a new motorcycle! bad ones are hard to find. to answer your ?,i run mostly associated cars.parts are easy to find and they're what i started with 30+ years ago! happy hunting!
Tim T. is offline Find More Posts by Tim T.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 08:43 AM
its hard living in the UK
Joined Oct 2005
239 Posts
id go along with that, in serious racing its more to do with having the car set up correctly and driving properly. the only real arguments between chassis are belt or shaft drive, weight and tunability, the TC5 is worth a look, but your best off going with something easy to work on so you can tune it to suite your driving. i dont have a TC5 so dunno what there like to work on, but i do have a TC4 which is a breeze to adjust.
grungerguy is offline Find More Posts by grungerguy
Old Jul 27, 2007, 08:49 AM
Joined Dec 2006
4 Posts
yep, i sold my TC4 last year and now drive the TC5. it too is very easy to work on and adjust. i think my "5" is handling brushless power better than my TC4 did? the belts have a little "give" in them and cushion the drive system. i.e. it's not as hard for me to drive! old eyes and slow reflexes at my age...i need all the help i can get!
Tim T. is offline Find More Posts by Tim T.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 09:27 AM
OC California
Joined Jul 2007
11 Posts
Thanks for the Info!
TJ Hover is offline Find More Posts by TJ Hover