HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
40 Posts
Discussion
Best Radio Tx/Rx, Gyro for 3d Fuel Heli Flying?

When I was a kid, Futaba seemed to be best on the market. There have been so many advances in the last 20 years. Does brand really make a difference anymore?

What do you use and why did you choose it?
Steve Kane is offline Find More Posts by Steve Kane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,020 Posts
Futaba 9C here, but Im comfortable with Futaba.

The 9303 is nice but I'm waiting for the X9303 so I can convert to 2.4 at the same time.

There's lots of good radios on the market right now, anything in a similar price range offers similar features and they are all very reliable. Goto a hobby shop and lay hands on the ones you like and see how they feel to you, and play around with the programming.
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
Helicopter Pilot
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
676 Posts
I bought the best I could afford. I started with an Airtonics 6 channels over 17 years ago. When that one fried, I already had a JR radio (8103) for some of my planks. It was a natural "gravitation" for me to just use the JR radio for my helis.

When the 9303 came out I bought one, and I like it's features. It's not FULLY programmable like some Futaba models, but it does it's job right. Now that I know how the JR programming works, I have tried to help some friends program their Futabas and I can't understand.

I'm with BH here, waiting for the X9303 2.4 to come out and work out any bugs before i lay down my money.

Rafael
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Old Jul 27, 2007, 05:03 PM
Build & Fly like 2days ur last
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jun 2006
315 Posts
i had a hitech eclipse 7 i fried that one and i now have the spektrum from jr. it is the 2.4 ghz and i love it easy to use and a great radio to fly with i recommend it anyone looking for a radio. it is pricy but you pay for quality.
crazy3dpilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy3dpilot