HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:27 AM
Guelph, Ontario Canada
Joined Sep 2004
652 Posts
Suggestion
Please consider this appeal - Doesn't seem right

I just received a warnning for violating the following rule:
User Account Violation (Custom User Title) The user's Custom User Title qualifies as offensive content or contains an ad for a non-sponsor.
My custom user Title is as follows: "www.eflightwiki.com"

I can see how is can be technically considered an ad for a non-sponsor, however I'm assuming the reason for this rule is to protect your sponsors interests. The Eflight Wiki is completely community driven and ad free. It's a site which promotes the hobby and in the end if it encourages more people to entre the hobby (or stay in it) then it can only be good for your sponsor. I really can't see how they'd consider this a threat to their interests, only a benefit.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this appeal, in the end I respect the fact that is is RCGroup's site and the admins have ultimate say. I will replace my custom user title if this appeal is rejected.

Leon.
LLoo is offline Find More Posts by LLoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2007, 02:51 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,279 Posts
LLoo
Custom user titles with URLs are only for sponsors.
You could post about the wiki in the "other web sites" forum.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jul 24, 2007, 07:37 PM
Guelph, Ontario Canada
Joined Sep 2004
652 Posts
OK fair enough.

Thanks.

Leon.
LLoo is offline Find More Posts by LLoo