HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by galaxiex, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 02:04 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,565 Posts
Discussion
More Airplanes!!!

I also have (in no particular order).

Wing Dragon 4 (awesome easy flyer)

Fire Bird Freedom (yeah I know, but I actually got this to fly quite well)

Park Zone Spitfire (crashed on maiden, broke wing in 1/2, need more skill for this one).

Blade CX2

Multiplex Easy Star (not built yet)

Fly Zone Aero Scout (cool little plane)

Air Hogs Aero Ace Jet

will put up pics of all when I get the chance

oh yah, have PZ Micro Cessna on order, also a Power Fly B17 Bomber
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Last edited by galaxiex; Jul 23, 2007 at 02:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2007, 02:19 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,651 Posts
Don't feel bad. Those ParkZone warbirds are notoriously underpowered. I flogged the whee out of a P-51 just trying to get it in the air. Flew fine once it was up there, but I can't tell you how many times I dumped the nose in the dirt just trying to launch it.

A friend of mine modified a P-51 and a Focke-Wulf with Park 450 outrunners and of course, his own radio gear. He uses APC props...with the stock spinners, yet.

These birds are hot. REALLY hot.

Both fly in excess of 70 mph and launch with a gentle underhand toss. Believe it or not, he hasn't needed to reinforce the wings! Yup...stock foam "skeleton" in both.

That Mustang will zoom past my full-house E-flite P-47D Thunderbolt 400 like it was standing still and that plane ain't no slouch.

The first time I saw the Mustang, I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDrive1061
Don't feel bad. Those ParkZone warbirds are notoriously underpowered. I flogged the whee out of a P-51 just trying to get it in the air. Flew fine once it was up there, but I can't tell you how many times I dumped the nose in the dirt just trying to launch it.

A friend of mine modified a P-51 and a Focke-Wulf with Park 450 outrunners and of course, his own radio gear. He uses APC props...with the stock spinners, yet.

These birds are hot. REALLY hot.

Both fly in excess of 70 mph and launch with a gentle underhand toss. Believe it or not, he hasn't needed to reinforce the wings! Yup...stock foam "skeleton" in both.

That Mustang will zoom past my full-house E-flite P-47D Thunderbolt 400 like it was standing still and that plane ain't no slouch.

The first time I saw the Mustang, I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing.
thanks for the feedback... i think i may have to sell the Spit if it goes that fast... i don't have a place to fly it really, long drive to the "big" field... i fixed the wing but also bought a replacement wing, and a new firewall so its good to go... just needs reassembly. i will try it again when i feel more confident but if i wreck it again i will sell it...
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex