HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:02 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Discussion
Ritewing Rehabilitaion Clinic

I need help! It all started with an innocent phone call. I was flying a Zagi, and hated it. I knew there was something better, but didn't know what. I kept seeing all these Ritewing threads here at RCGroups, and kept reading about this klique guy. So, I shot him an email. Big mistake!

So a TL50 running on 4s shows up. What a wing! Then, obsession starts to kick in. I want another. A really cool 3s 45" Demon shows up. Nice wing that I can absolutely do anything in the air that want to with. Ok, thats enough. I'm good....not. I want a monster. WOW, a 7s 1950 watt 40" Demon "Godzilla" arrives.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9&highlight=7s

Yes, that one!

Can I quit?......NO, now I'm waiting on a TL60 twin, with 2 counter rotating 7X5 props and a 3s for each mega motor. Somebody help me!

Then there's my son. He wants one! I tried to talk him out of it! We decided on 2 mini Demons...

Can anyone feel my pain here. I need to find a good 12 step program for Ritewings.

Care to share your story?
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Last edited by joekoz; Jul 20, 2007 at 11:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:07 AM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
You are knee deep into the crack.

Just give into it...

fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:09 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Hey Joe,
I definitely feel your pain. My story is fairly similar to yours although I don't have any of the super fast monsters yet. As it did for you, I started with a Zagi 60.. upgraded to brushless, then 3s a123 pack, then 4s a123 pack. I then realized the Zagi was all over the place and couldn't handle the thrust or speed. I had read enough hype over the Ritewing's that I thought I would give Chris a call. BIG, BIG MISTAKE!!!! Now I have my TL50, a spare TL50 kit which I need to start on, a FS Spanker and a Midi spanker which still need to be built. I flew with Punkrockd and Atom1025 this weekend and find myself dreaming about a Demon in the future. I NEED HELP!!!!

I do admit that the TL50 is AWESOME... I must have called Chris after my initial flights for the first few times just because I was so stoked and had to tell someone! They fly so smooth that the speed can bite you if you aren't careful. You don't have to be constantly tweaking them like I did on the Zagi-60. Mmmmmm ritewings ...

Will there be flying of Ritewings in the 12 step rehab program? If so COUNT me in!!!!

Did you say a twin TL60? I'm so jealous... Are you trying to help or hinder?
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:16 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
I have 9 Ritewings All this inless then a year!!!! If you count the Mini D(RIP) that'd be 10.

I'm hooked!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:19 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefboy
Did you say a twin TL60? I'm so jealous... Are you trying to help or hinder?
Yeah! Thats like bringing a bottle of Jack to AA! Bad Joe Bad!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:07 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
I have four ritewing kits within 4 months and haven't even built any of them. Chris built the first one. To make matters even worse... Chris offers two for one kits from time to time. I almost fell for it on the July 4th special. Last minute reason one over and I didn't go for it. See I can stop any time. Did I do the rite thing? I should have bought it shouldn't I? Shoot... now I'm kicking myself. I NEED HELP!

Alright I"m going back down stairs to work on the FS Spanker. Step away from the computer and don't check ti see if Chris has developed anything else new!
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:27 AM
Fatboys can fly
Greeneville TN
Joined Apr 2007
74 Posts
I just recieved my 4th of july Demon/Slice kits from UPS Friday afternoon,my first Ritewings.I've spent the last several hours lovingly carressing their flowing lines. I can't wait to get them in the air and join the fun,already planning whats next.Perhaps a Mini Demon or maybe a Tl50 or??? Like a really wicked drug,one dose,hoked for good!!!
Mark Mc is offline Find More Posts by Mark Mc
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:36 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Thanx guy's ,I feel the same way ,after all the years of learning how to build and tune this stuff it is nice to see you guys enjoying these crazy wings a much as I do.
It has made all the efforts worth while ,I appreciate it tons ,and so much good fun come from these it is imesurable to how it fits in our lives.

It satifies the need for manly tinkering therapy ,and alone time w yourself that is much needed for man sanity.
It alows creativity w no limits.
It satisfies our need for adrenalin.
It makes us feel like we are five years old playing with our most favorite brand new toy.
It always test and challages our skilz.
It gets us out of the house for some peace and quite .
It gives us somthing to think about during work to get us through the tough times.

It alows me to talk to lots of new friends.
Ther is alot more ,I am shure you guys can come up w a few off the top of your head.
I am a true addict too sorry.
Ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:08 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
for some peace and quite .
Ck
Uhmm I think the neighbors would disagree with that one!

So Chris how many Ritewings have you built? How many have been your own? I imagine you can't answer that question, I am sure you lost track long ago.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:11 AM
Randy Lewandowski
Joined Jan 2005
37 Posts
I thought it was just me ...

Hi, my name is Randy, and Iím addicted to RiteWings.

My first electric plane was a Zagi with a brushed (yes, brushed) speed 400 motor and Nicad bats. This was many years ago when Zagi first came out. I loved my Zagi because it bounced when I crashed and I sucked as a pilot. It was the perfect plane for me. But then I heard about this company called AstroFlight that had something called a brushless motor that would make a Zagi go really fast. I thought that a brushless motor would be really cool, but I couldnít afford it. So, I flew my Zagi around, sometimes hitting 20 or 25 mph at best always thinking that it would really sweet to have to have a brushless motor someday.

Fast forward to 2006. After getting out of the hobby alltogether I decided to take another crack at RC planes. I decided to get another Zagi, but this time I was going brushless for sure no matter what the cost! To my surprise brushless motors were cheap and there were these new bats called lipos or something like that. I was going to build a bad ass Zagi with a brushless motor and lipos! So I did. And it flew pretty fast, much faster than my previous Zagi! I tried many power setups; I think I purchased every APC prop made to try on my test stand, but I never got my Zagi going as fast as I really wanted. So I sold eveything (again) and I was oficially out of the hobby forever.

Enter YouTube. I was farting around on YouTube one day a few months ago and I donít know how it happened but I was watching some video of a Monsoon something plane that was INSANE!! Instantly I knew I had to have one. This was exactly what I had wanted for years! I searched all over the net and finally ordered a TL50 from MonsoonRC. This was it! I purchased a radio etc etc (again) and prepared to build my TL50. I did some research online about motors etc for the TL50 and I kept seeing reference to someone who goes by ck and some other guy, Klique or something like that. Eventually I figured out that Chris Klick was the mastermind behind the TL50 and he had another plane called the demon that was built for speed. So I purchased a demon.

To make a long story short, in the last few weeks I have sold my EDF jet and 3D plane to purchase back the TL50 that I sold because the demon was faster. Now I have a TL50 and a demon on my workbench just waiting to be built. I have all of the stuff for a cool 6S setup (brushless) in both wings and I canít wait to get in the air with both of these. RiteWings are totally awesome; this is only the beginning for me!

I am addicted.

Ck, the TL50 arrived today! Thanks man!
RLEWAN is offline Find More Posts by RLEWAN
Last edited by RLEWAN; Jul 21, 2007 at 02:59 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:17 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
I buy the 183 and the 3 m90 by the case,LOL 200.00 of mono from the hobby shop is a regular thing.
I have built hundreds ,I was doing a search the other nite to find some pix on rcg and it was a bit overwhelming.
Hundreds and hundreds.LOL
Ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:20 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
My one and only flyable Rite wing is a tl50 that CK flew for about 6 months and then he graciously sent it my way.. I love my 50 the most out of all the wings..

Don't get me wrong before i smoked 3 motors and 3 esc's in the demon 30 it was my favorite.... Fly_boy has a trick up his sleeve for it maybe..
Anyways I have had s few demon minis and a tl40 i still have the thick cord demon 40 that i keep teasing CK about - That I'm building it as a sloper HAHA) I have the 60 to build and the FS And a pink foam mini demon to do a real light build or maybe a mini sloper...

Not to mention the 4 or 5 other non ritewing kits that i need to find space and time to build...

I build 2 plane and give one away it is Finlay catching up with my small house..

But of course my wife does not want a plane decor so no hanging the wings in combat formation from the dinning room ceiling
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:36 AM
Randy Lewandowski
Joined Jan 2005
37 Posts
Quote:
I buy the 183 and the 3 m90 by the case,LOL 200.00 of mono from the hobby shop is a regular thing.
That is awesome!!!!

I know this is off subject, but ...

Where are people getting RiteWing T-shirts?
I want one. No wait, I want two.
RLEWAN is offline Find More Posts by RLEWAN
Last edited by RLEWAN; Jul 21, 2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:47 AM
Phoenix
Joined Aug 2006
175 Posts
Amen brutha!

Quote:

It satifies the need for manly tinkering therapy ,and alone time w yourself that is much needed for man sanity.
It alows creativity w no limits.
It satisfies our need for adrenalin.
It makes us feel like we are five years old playing with our most favorite brand new toy.
It always test and challages our skilz.
It gets us out of the house for some peace and quite .
It gives us somthing to think about during work to get us through the tough times.
sloonz is offline Find More Posts by sloonz
Old Jul 21, 2007, 03:50 AM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLEWAN
That is awesome!!!!

I know this is off subject, but ...

Where are people getting RiteWing T-shirts?
I want one. No wait, I want two.
I had a bunch of them made up as part of one of my therapy sessions. I do have one left. It's a large. If you can use it let me know.

Hey reef- Yea it's gonna be a twin. After my 400th call to CK , I decided to get something different.

Alright Atom, I think you are the leader! So, when does #11 arrive?

My worst time (thinking about Ritewings) always seems to be at work. I'll be under the hood of a car doing my thing, the all of a sudden I'm hearing the prop spin at 31K, and my mind just takes off! Before I know it, I'm on the phone to the dope man...err Chris!

I forgot to mention how many times Youtube has given me a quick fix RLEWAN!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Hey,......do you guys think that there's no known cure? I sure hope so!
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Last edited by joekoz; Jul 21, 2007 at 09:12 AM.