HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
Its not that windy...
United States, CA, PORTER RANCH
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Discussion
Movin on up

I was wondering if this Walkera helicopter was a good move on up from the Lama Esky V3. Thanks
aerosoardude is offline Find More Posts by aerosoardude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:20 PM
Joined Oct 2005
67 Posts
I'm assuming you forgot to post a link or a picture. I'll still try to interject here though. Personally, I think when you are discussing coax choppers, the only true step up from any of them would be to move to a single rotor. Yeah, we throw on mods, lights, different bodies etc. In the end though, the dynamics that control flight and limit them are all the same. I've heard from a few sources that fixed pitch are moving out of favor and most people are going right to collective because of their accessibility now adays. To be honest, my first step up would be a decent simulator. Where you can practice without paying the high bills associated with real life crashes.

If it's a coax your asking about, i'm not saying don't buy it. I wish my wife would let me have more of them. But, if you are looking for a step up, I think CP is probably that true step.
Clonefan94 is offline Find More Posts by Clonefan94
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,840 Posts
Well there is a lot of thought on this subject. If you can afford it? The best next step and I'm hoping you already have a sim. Is a T-rex size or larger heli. They are easier to fly than the smaller ones. You maybe tempted by the cheaper prices of the all in one cp's but everyone I have talked to who went that way regretted it and wished they just went to the 450 size. Going to this size heli is expensive but most is start up cost. I can get a whole new t-rex replacement for $169 sounds cheap the upfront cost for getting into it is about $750 but the t-rex parts are cheap $11 for a set of blades
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:47 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
I might get one like that. I'm glad its electric. I just want to know. What is the difference between the CP and FP. Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:51 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
T-REX 450X (CDE) Deluxe Edition w/ 430L BL Motor/ESC. http://www.helihobby.com/html/trex_helicopter.html I was wondering if this is what you are talking about since there are dozens of packages. I can get it direct from them and go to there store. so shipping is no prob. This looks good. AND is the only one within my reach currently.

Also how does the tx work. If its 6 or seven channels. I would like an explanation please.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:42 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,840 Posts
The T-rex sa is in the us the lowest rex you can get http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=AGNH1100 and you can get it cheaper if you search it is a great start but you still need all the other parts to make it fly

all you need is a 6 ch radio with ccpm built in a 6ch fasst radio or a spectrim 6
will do./
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member