HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Tres Wright, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 11:03 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
--SOLD-- Qualcomms- 3 new packs, 3 made up packs and charger

--SOLD--
Thank you to Chris and to E Zone!!

Hey all,

It's time to sell off some of my extra packs. I invested heavily in Qualcomms and now I'm flying Kokams as well, so I don't need so many Qualcomms around anymore These are about half of my packs and 1 of my 2 chargers. Perhaps you need them. Here's what you get:

- 1 Qualcomm desktop charger: this charger has been tuned by adjusting the internal pot so that it charges the packs to 8.35 volts. The stock charger usually charges to 8.15 to 8.20.

- 3 packs still in the case: Nick's guide at http://www.nickstech.com/rc/lithium/ shows you how to convert these packs for R/C use.

- 3 packs made up for flight: these packs are used, they have at most 20 flights each. Still charge and discharge at normal capacity. 2 of them have converted Futaba connectors and 1 has a JST. The Futaba connectors will fit in a female JST, but you need to be careful about the polarity. Always check to make sure you're connecting red-to-red and black-to-black. The packs are shrink wrapped and have a square of velcro on them. The leads are soldered to the B+/B- nodes which means the protection circuits are intact for charging and bypassed for flying. I have used these on planes that pull up to 3.5 amps with no trouble at all. They have been rock-solid reliable.

- 2 modded cases: these are great for charging the packs. Slip the pack into the case as shown on the left and then drop it right on the charger. No messing with pin alignments, it goes on right every time! The other case is shown sitting on the charger.

If you're not familiar with the Qualcomms, these are lithium ion cells and will power a GWS DX powered plane for 30 minutes or more. I consistently got over 30 minute flights on my Tiger Moth and J3 stik. Even flying my Moth at night with a night light kit I got over 30 minute flights. They will also work on more powerful planes at reduced run times. I used them on my M100 powered Rake and Tiny and got 15 minutes of solid aerobatics. I've also flown them on my Mini IFO, Micro Cap, Double Trouble, Elipstik and Wing-E with equally great results. At 2 ounces, these packs are as light or lighter than most Nicad or NiMH packs.

Price is 50.00 including Paypal fees and shipping via priority mail. If you want to pay via money order, knock a buck fifty off.

If you want them, please post here rather than PM'ing or emailing me. That way everyone knows who was first to call it If they don't sell in a few days, I may lower the price.

Check my stunning eBay feedback ( ) here:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...userid=harley1

Thanks for looking!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Last edited by Tres Wright; Nov 12, 2002 at 04:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2002, 03:14 AM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2001
248 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
well ill give them a good home im not ready for kokams yet but I like the qualcomms and was looking for more packs as I currently only have 2...
SpaKack is offline Find More Posts by SpaKack
Old Nov 12, 2002, 09:56 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Sold to SpaKack pending payment, will send you an email. Thanks!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Closed Thread