SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 16, 2001, 10:36 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
LMH is glo no more

Well I finally started converting my LMH thanks to some pics people have sent me and emails, it sems pretty easy to do.
I have nothing against glo, but this heli is a dumb design in that the exhaust shoots out right into the spur gear for it to throw it everywhere

This is my first heli and I was hovering fine with the glo engine and a little forward flight.
I have everything ripped out and almost done moving servos etc.
I have a couple questions though, since it seems the brushless setup is out of stock everywhere, and I dont want to jump right into that anyway, I was going to try a 20 turn Traxxas car motor, using a 13 tooth pinion on 6/6 grips, and I don't know if I should use 7 or 8 cells, in a plane I would use nothing less than 8 but thats different I guess.
Also will a regular Jeti 35 work fine for it? How do you do wattmeter tests with a heli so I dont run over the speed controls limit??
And 1 more, the piezo gyro on it was mounted on a rubbery sticky pad, I assume because of the vibration of the glo engine, can I just double side tape it to the crutch now that it will be electric?
Thanks, Steve

[This message has been edited by Cue (edited 06-16-2001).]
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2001, 06:15 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
Anyone out there?
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2001, 09:10 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,569 Posts
Hi, I cant help you much with the brush motor setup. I tried alot of different combinations before I went brushless and all of them required some tinkering and experementing. Im not faminliar with that motor but the best luck Ive seen was with 17t and up motors. Anything with a lower wind sucked to much juice. Run times were low and everthing got really hot. I use double sided tape on all my gyros with out any problems.
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM