Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:18 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
Discussion
drag boats

i need some imformation on drag boats im on a quest for speed and am trying to make or buy something that kan go so fast it kan travel back in time and make the drug store open to years ago when i got drunk and met my wife. seriously though i do want to build a rilly fast boat
Jason81 is offline Find More Posts by Jason81
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:26 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,713 Posts
Learn to spell and speak proper English first, before you build--- for your own sake.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:38 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
hey if i was educated enough to do all that i'd have enough money to own a real one instead of just this hobbie but its really fun so you are eather gonna have to drink a few more beers and kill a few more brain cells until it doesnt bother you are you can ignore it and help me or just stop reading my posts
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
Central Missouri,USA Along the banks of the Missouri River
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Jason81, check out the racing boat section of this forum, thats where the people with a need for speed hang out.They, like most of the rest of the guys(and girls) on these forums are very helpful to people they think are serious about having fun with boats.The way you came across sounded a little like a young punk troll and we've had more than our share of those.Oh.....and I agree with der Kapitan, I've seen people who's first language is'nt English write better posts.
tim slocum is offline Find More Posts by tim slocum
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:54 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason81
hey if i was educated enough to do all that i'd have enough money to own a real one instead of just this hobbie but its really fun so you are eather gonna have to drink a few more beers and kill a few more brain cells until it doesnt bother you are you can ignore it and help me or just stop reading my posts
I think it's easier to do a few beers than suffer your punky mouth---.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:00 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan
I think it's easier to do a few beers than suffer your punky mouth---.
then do a few beers i recomend christoffel or guinness or if you make wine try useing a bunch of peaches it has some serious kick
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:04 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slocum
Jason81, check out the racing boat section of this forum, thats where the people with a need for speed hang out.They, like most of the rest of the guys(and girls) on these forums are very helpful to people they think are serious about having fun with boats.The way you came across sounded a little like a young punk troll and we've had more than our share of those.Oh.....and I agree with der Kapitan, I've seen people who's first language is'nt English write better posts.
thanks for telling me about the raceing boat section i havent found it yet but i havent looked i have never been kalled a troll b4 but seriously if people help me whats the worst that kan happen i might be able to post some kool videos and you dont need good spelling or grammer for that
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:14 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slocum
Jason81, The way you came across sounded a little like a young punk troll and we've had more than our share of those.Oh.....and I agree with der Kapitan, I've seen people who's first language is'nt English write better posts.
Jeezus Tim! You're really rough in a scrap---.

Glad that you're on my side---.

His attitude looks like he won't last long here, as he's not making friends right off the bat, but maybe we should give him a chance?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:22 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Jason81, let me be open with you.There are alot of people on this forum that are serious about modeling and when someone comes along and starts asking ALOT of questions about alot of different subjects rapid fire like,well people start thinking your just asking to be asking.Dont get me wrong, I've asked a bunch of questions of people on this forum,but it was about specific projects I was working on.If you ask about a 120mph hydro one minute and a gas powered rescue boat the next,throw in the very"casual" way you write your posts , people start thinking,"this is a young guy,just asking a bunch of random questions about the first thing that pops in his head" It doesnt help that theres been a person doing this alot lately(I won't name him) To go as fast as you want to go,its going to take some cash and I mean alot more than your Miss Bud costs.When people start talking about that kind of money, they usually are pretty serious about model boats.You say you have'nt found the racing boat section?Go to RCGroups home page and scroll down to them.Also, check out www.offshorelectrics.com. Bottom line, if you want people to listen and post answers, don't write posts that sound like an 17 year old punk wrote them.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:24 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
ok so if we are takeing me seriously now i have never even heard of a drag boat until i saw an add for them in r.c. boat modeler what is the diffrence from the ones i saw and a hydroplane?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:29 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
i know its gonna cost alot of money and it may take me a few years to build even one project i have been talking to people in the local boat club in my old city so i know a ruff idea of what its gonna cost and im not interseted in electric i have already learned that it is faster but i like gas and i will try to type slower and pay more attention to my spelling
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:34 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Im trying to tell you, you need to go where the go fast crowd hangs out to get good answers to your questions. A good start would be www.offshorelectrics.com and the the racing electrics and racing internal combustion sections of this site. If you can see this post, scroll up to the top of the page and click on >boats> and then you will see the racing forums listed and then click on them.I, personally dont know that much about drag boats. I do know a little on how to make them fast,but not the specialty area of drag boats,per say.Go to the places I recommended and the people there will help you go waaaay fast.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
your link is for sale i do want to go fast and i do want to build that project from scratch but i am also interested im buying that boat kings ransom do you have any advice or personal experance with that boat?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:41 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,803 Posts
Jason81, if you want to know all about r/c drag boats, go here:

RC Drag Boats
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:43 PM
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts