HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2006
20 Posts
Discussion
Super Cub in-flight structural failure

Has anyone flown the wings off their Hobby Zone Super Cub? I was attempting an outside or inverted loop and noticed my wings flexing quite uncomfortably.
I have been flying the heck out of the thing and wonder when I can expect to loose the wings? Maybe I should rig a parachute that will deploy by way of the x-port incase of this happening.
Crash812 is offline Find More Posts by Crash812
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:47 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,636 Posts
I was flying a PZ Decathalon and the wing folded...

Instead of a parachute...how bout a new wing?
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:59 PM
pie hopper
Central Arkansas
Joined Jun 2005
469 Posts
The struts on the HZ SC only provide support in one direction (normal flight). If you plan on a lot of inverted flight or outside loops, it would be a good idea to install some hard struts that will prevent/limit wing flex in both directions. CF rod, spruce, fiberglass... just about anything stiffer than the stock plastic spaghetti noodles should be fine.

toyjunker is offline Find More Posts by toyjunker
Old Jul 18, 2007, 03:21 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,517 Posts
I'd attach a CF reinforcement spanwise on the wing. You should be able to get them at Dragonplate.com.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP