HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2007, 01:41 AM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
Discussion
Twister Bell 47 V2 or Twister Hawk Army? Well it ended up with a Hawk :)

Trying this way around.
I am looking around to start up with helis (newbie) and is looking at these two machines.
The Twister Bell 47 V2 http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...%20-%20Twister

and the Twister Hawk Army http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...%20-%20Twister

In Denmark the price is same-same so this is not an issue.
But will I get moore value if I choose the Hawk as it comes with spare blades, sim cable and stuff or should I go for the Bell which is "older" hence bugs should be removed? Or is it in general the same helo with a different fuselage and landing gear?

Looking forward to hearing your oppinion.
pino360 is offline Find More Posts by pino360
Last edited by pino360; Aug 05, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:37 AM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
NO - Go for the Blackhawk!
The Bell 47 was the first incarnation of Twister's co-axial heli. Then came the Medevac with some improvements (detailing, chassis design, motor placement). The latest heli is the Blackhawk. It has a low battery LED on top of the fuselage and there's cutoff protection if the motors are stalled due to blade impact.

In this case, the newer heli has the bugs removed

Tach.
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:53 AM
Joined May 2007
327 Posts
That is pretty pricey for the Hawk. I don't know anything about this machine, but the blades look like the E-Flight Blade CX, which is also pricey. Why not look into the E-Sky Lamas..(I have two ) .they were big in the UK when I was there and the price was good.
Scrat is offline Find More Posts by Scrat
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:23 AM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
Tachyon.
Well that is the way I am leaning the hobby-shop were I found them also said the Hawk.

Scrat.
Well they are beeing sold for 995 danish kroner that will be 114 Euro, 90,50 , 185$ and 22423 yen. But I am allso monitoring a Lama V4 in an auction and it is currently at 400 danish kroner that is 37 but could go higher. But as said I am leaning to the Hawk mainly because of the ekstra stuff provided.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:25 AM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
Tachyon.
What do you fly?

Is there anyone who owns/flies Twister Hawk?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
My co-axial is a Hirobo Lama XRB SR. However, my friend has a Medevac. My LHS has the Blackhawk and I do like the heli. The mods are sensible improvements to a proven design.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
Tachyon
Okay so you think that the Hawk would provide me with enough pleasure to get into helis?

But still I would like to hear from some one who has actually tried the "beast".
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:38 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,128 Posts
Looks totally awesome, I already own and fly the Twister Medevac V1.

If this thing is half as good as my Medevac, I want one!

Aussie Livery too!
mrfirkin is online now Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:18 AM
Beaumont, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pino360
Tachyon
But still I would like to hear from some one who has actually tried the "beast".
Well, it seems to be fairly new, and someone has to be the first owner, so jump on it and let us know.

Seriously, if they sold Twisters in the U.S., I would be pretty tempted. Looks good and sounds good. The 47 and Medevac have gotten good reviews from those that own them and the 60 is mechanically the same thing with a different body and some electronic upgrades. I think you'll be happy, but that is just an opinion.

Love Denmark, been there several times. Nice country, nice people.

Pete
Pete Miller is offline Find More Posts by Pete Miller
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:35 AM
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
Quote:
Tachyon
Okay so you think that the Hawk would provide me with enough pleasure to get into helis?

Sorry, I should have said that I myself have flown my friend's Medevac, in fact I learned to hover that before I bought my Lama!

The Hawk is basically an improved Medevac with wheels IF I had the funds, I would buy one myself, despite flying nitro helis now. I wonder if you can do rolling takeoffs with the Hawk
Old Jul 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
Mailed the shop yesterday to get an offer on the heli some extra batteries and a charger, but he is closing down, new owner on the way thoug, so he only had the heli... so I am on the hunt for batteris and a charger.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:01 AM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
Okay, as the Hawk package includes cable to connect to PC that makes it possible to train on FMS, but in FMS there is no coax models, so what to do? Just train with another heli?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:51 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Okay, as the Hawk package includes cable to connect to PC that makes it possible to train on FMS, but in FMS there is no coax models, so what to do? Just train with another heli?

I did have a Twister Bell model for FMS and it was quite realistic.

It was a while back, but I think if you look around the FMS website you will find what you are after. Probably have some new and improved versions by now.

Cheers,

Paul.
mrfirkin is online now Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Old Jul 20, 2007, 01:41 PM
Allested-Vejle, Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
162 Posts
If I bought a Esky Lama V4 would that be a good starter?
Were do I find the manufacturer of the Esky? (homepage)

Well I am watching an auction for a Esky Lama V4 but the seller dont know if there is a sim cable in the package?? and I found this link in a download manual on an danish internet hobby shop www.esky-sz.com does anyone know if this is the manufacturers homepage?

I am still leaning to tha Twister Hawk, I am watching another tread in here about a Hawk owner maybe he has some first flight desciptions...
Last edited by pino360; Jul 21, 2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:53 AM
Joined Jul 2007
6 Posts
hey im new to rc helis and i just brought the twister hawk yesterday and i can fly it at head height controlled for a few mins quite easy, i was looking at the bell and the cx2 i think it is and this one just stood out compaired to them the guy in the shop told me it is the exact same heli as the cx2 but with wheels and it is about $100 cheaper ,cost me $199 in perth western australia

the main reason i brought this one is the spare blades u get , a total of 8

i have had 1 crash and 1 hard landing

the landing bent one of the wheels which made the heli lean to one side so it wouldnt go straight up so i took both wheels off and the problem is solved

the crash how ever looked bad but just broke the blades ,the rotors hit a table and made the tail spin into a chair (with a cat on it haha) only the tips of the rotors where damaged and a chip out of the body on the tail

the tail is only for look anyway

also the controller comes with a usb cable and u can use it with fms which is cool

the battery last around 15 to 20 mins of stop start flight and takes about 30 to 40mins to charge "i think"

so all in all i love this beast and would say its a good buy 'although keep in mind i have not flown the other models

also if u take most of the stickers off this heli it looks less like an rc heli and more like a war machine

sorry if this post is to long
frogger22 is offline Find More Posts by frogger22