HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:04 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
It's really something to me man! I'd be grounded otherwise. I'm really just starting to get the hang of hovering well and a couple of months layoff while I tried to scrimp and save would hurt my meager skills big time. I know I thanked you once already but now I'm doing it publicly so I can try and embarass you !
Nah man, I seriously appreciate it.
Thanks also go out to avocado flyer who was willing to step up and offer a motor as well.
We have a great group here and I hope I can continue to learn and pass on my knowledge to others as well.
As soon as I have the opportunity I'm going to try and pass on something I can spare to a flyer in need to pass on blade strike's act of kindness and goodwill.

NP man hope you enjoy
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:37 PM
grant me the serenity....
avocado flyer's Avatar
philly
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Payed that phone bill. (95$!!!)
Man, you got off easy. I'll trade ya
avocado flyer is offline Find More Posts by avocado flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 06:12 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,038 Posts
well the motor is in the mail and I will PM you the tracking info once I get home... (made the wife mail it )
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2007, 07:00 PM
Registered User
Sky_Dancer's Avatar
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
Well, I solved the ESC problem, I'll still have my crappy old tail servo though because I was going to upgrade it with the money I used. It's 30.00 and a 3 week lead time to have a Phoenix 35 repaired at Castle. If you figure paying to ship the ESC to Castle and check out the price at Bishop Power Products right now, paying the difference is worth the 3 week wait to me.
Anyone got a working old motor they are looking to part with for a song?
Thanks, I'm sitting here staring over at the heli right now. My wife jokingly refers to it as my girlfriend. I told her the other day when this happened that my girlfriend needed a "heart transplant" ( no offense to those with heart problems, I have a minor one myself)
A few months ago I had bought some black bump resistant landing struts and the plastic carbon fiber look alike tail fins and blades as well as an SE body to doll her up a bit. I spent days on painting the body but I swore I wasn't going to put any of the stuff on till I got to where I could fly better. She may just get the small "makeover" tonight though because I'm so used to working on my heli and I'm jonesing for my fix!
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 08:36 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
Thanks, I'm sitting here staring over at the heli right now. My wife jokingly refers to it as my girlfriend. I told her the other day when this happened that my girlfriend needed a "heart transplant" ( no offense to those with heart problems, I have a minor one myself)
A few months ago I had bought some black bump resistant landing struts and the plastic carbon fiber look alike tail fins and blades as well as an SE body to doll her up a bit. I spent days on painting the body but I swore I wasn't going to put any of the stuff on till I got to where I could fly better. She may just get the small "makeover" tonight though because I'm so used to working on my heli and I'm jonesing for my fix!
well she didnt keep the tracking info man But she did mail it priority so you should have it by friday, at the latest sat
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2007, 08:44 PM
Flying better than every
Ginvent's Avatar
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado flyer
Man, you got off easy. I'll trade ya
I used to be with cingular I had 2 bills for 350$ and one for 750$.

I swicth to T-mobile to get the sidekick because I felt my bills were paying for cingulars merger with at&t

Any way. Sky dancer resisit the temptaion to doll her up before the re-madien, you might regret it later. How about you double check that your setup is as close to perfect as possible. Clean her up and twidle your thumbs till those nice people send you stuff
Ginvent is offline Find More Posts by Ginvent
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Sky_Dancer's Avatar
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginvent
I used to be with cingular I had 2 bills for 350$ and one for 750$.

I swicth to T-mobile to get the sidekick because I felt my bills were paying for cingulars merger with at&t

Any way. Sky dancer resisit the temptaion to doll her up before the re-madien, you might regret it later. How about you double check that your setup is as close to perfect as possible. Clean her up and twidle your thumbs till those nice people send you stuff
Yep, I did resist the little temptress! I've been researching trying to get the tail dialed in better which is what sorta started this whole mess. At least I had landed to look at that issue though when the motor smoked.
So blade strike, with this motor is an 11T pinion ok? I'm still in the learning a steady hover stage so I'm going more for runtime than insane power. Any particular throttle curves you would suggest? I'd love to try governor mode on the CC35 but I don't have a tach.
Oh and don't worry about the tracking numbers, my wife does stuff like that all the time.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:53 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
So blade strike, with this motor is an 11T pinion ok? I'm still in the learning a steady hover stage so I'm going more for runtime than insane power. Any particular throttle curves you would suggest? I'd love to try governor mode on the CC35 but I don't have a tach.
Oh and don't worry about the tracking numbers, my wife does stuff like that all the time.
yeah with a 11t and a flat 80-80-80-80-80 with cc35 will do great man...Just run it with high timing and high thr response
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:38 PM
Registered User
sloonz's Avatar
Phoenix
Joined Aug 2006
175 Posts
Castle will just send you a new one if yours fried. I've sent two different ESC's in for repair and got new ones. Great deal... One was fried by me and the other was damaged by a crash.
sloonz is offline Find More Posts by sloonz
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:15 PM
Registered User
Sky_Dancer's Avatar
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloonz
Castle will just send you a new one if yours fried. I've sent two different ESC's in for repair and got new ones. Great deal... One was fried by me and the other was damaged by a crash.
When did you last send them one? If you go over in their forum and look at the repair form they want you to fill out now, they want 30 bucks flat rate up front to repair a Phoenix 35. I'm going to send the fried one in eventually when I can afford it but Ijust went ahead and used some money I had for my tail servo upgrade to get a new one because BPP had such a great deal on them. The tail servo can wait. Also, there's a three week lead time on repairs and I didn't want to wait! When I do send the fried one in, I'll just end up with a spare.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok, Looks Like I'm Gana Need A New Radio For My TigerMoth, recommendations? STaNgXs Parkflyers 10 Oct 01, 2004 09:45 AM
Well.. it looks like you fly 3D.. but.. What mixes do YOU like? Tram 3D Flying 9 Nov 08, 2003 01:59 AM
Well looks like it's back up..... Ed Waldrep Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Sep 05, 2001 01:36 PM
looks like i'm getting a piccolo, any advice? cheapflyr Electric Heli Talk 13 May 10, 2001 08:34 AM