ohhhhhh did someone say free heli runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Ginvent is offline Find More Posts by Ginvent
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:33 PM
ProBro #1889
United States, OH, Amelia
Joined Aug 2004
603 Posts
Damn man... Wish i had another motor for ya...

You get a chance to disassemble the motor and see what happened? I know the winding can come undone with excessive heat.... but that doesn't sound likely...

that sucks...

I have heard on a couple occasions that endbell was working loose and rotated until it shorted?
DsWright is offline Find More Posts by DsWright
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:41 PM
grant me the serenity....
philly
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
Well, I solved the ESC problem, I'll still have my crappy old tail servo though because I was going to upgrade it with the money I used. It's 30.00 and a 3 week lead time to have a Phoenix 35 repaired at Castle. If you figure paying to ship the ESC to Castle and check out the price at Bishop Power Products right now, paying the difference is worth the 3 week wait to me.
Anyone got a working old motor they are looking to part with for a song?
I have an Align 430L 3550kv that I was over-amping in an easystar, the windings are a bit dark but it still works , as I took it out before it died on me. The upside is I'll send it to ya for nothing, so PM me you're address and I'll send it to ya tomorrow if you want it.
avocado flyer is offline Find More Posts by avocado flyer
Old Jul 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsWright
Damn man... Wish i had another motor for ya...

You get a chance to disassemble the motor and see what happened? I know the winding can come undone with excessive heat.... but that doesn't sound likely...

that sucks...

I have heard on a couple occasions that endbell was working loose and rotated until it shorted?
You know the endbell did come loose at one time but I took the motor and did the green loctite around it and after that it was fine. So fine in fact that now I can't get the sucker apart to look at it!
There are two places one on the black and one on the red wire where the insulation is burned through to bare wire. I don't know if that was the cause of it or the result of whatever else happened.
I had inspected those wires after I'd done the loctite, they were fine then. It just sucks so bad because if I could get my tail to hold this thing would have been a joy to fly. The HS65MG's made a great difference even though it's an HDE. The CF HDE frame has none of the slop of the plastic version either. My tail servo upgrade went out the window when I bought the new ESC.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Last edited by Sky_Dancer; Jul 17, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
You know the endbell did come loose at one time but I took the motor and did the green loctite around it and after that it was fine. So fine in fact that now I can't get the sucker apart to look at it!
There are two places one on the black and one on the red wire where the insulation is burned through to bare wire. I don't know if that was the cause of it or the result of whatever else happened.
I had inspected those wires after I'd done the loctite, they were fine then. It just sucks so bad because if I could get my tail to hold this thing would have been a joy to fly. The HS65MG's made a great difference even though it's an HDE. The CF HDE frame has none of the slop of the plastic version either. My tail servo upgrade went out the window when I bought the new ESC.

I have both a motor (new motor, 3550kv) and cc35 for ya... I will give ya the motor but I would have to ask that you send the cc35 back once yours is repaired

pm sent

BTW cancel your order and get your new tail servo man!
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Jul 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
Flying better than every
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
I have both a motor (new motor, 3550kv) and cc35 for ya... I will give ya the motor but I would have to ask that you send the cc35 back once yours is repaired

pm sent

BTW cancel your order and get your new tail servo man!

Blade Strike = Great Guy

Edit, Wait why am I on RCGroups.com? I should be at T-mobile.com paying my LATE phone bill .

Remeber kiddies pay your bills before you buy a new heli
Old Jul 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Blade Strike = Great Guy

naaa....

It just this hobby is about fun... and if I can help someone stay in the hobby I will do my best

I have done it in the past and will continue
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 17, 2007, 06:01 PM
Flying better than every
Joined May 2007
570 Posts
Quote:
naaa....

It just this hobby is about fun... and if I can help someone stay in the hobby I will do my best

I have done it in the past and will continue
I know what you mean. Thats all the hobby is about really other than defying gravity, it is all about fun and support for your fellow flyer no matter how far away he is (tear)

Damn he replyies so quick I need to go pay that bill!!!!!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:28 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
I wanna know if the other poor fellow has found his heli yet? I was serious about a metal detector. I heard a story once about a guy whose engine had seperated from his plane after it crashed into some trees. Guy couldn't find it anywhere so he called the local metal detectors club and they found it for him. He offered to pay them and they wouldn't take it. Said that no, they just did it for the enjoyment. Weird hobby.... to each their own I guess.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:32 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
My wife said she wants to join the local metal detectors club. AND YOU TALKED ABOUT WEIRD? Help me please!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Scale Nut!!
Keizer, OR
Joined Feb 2004
625 Posts
Way to go Blade Strike!!! You rock man!!
flynz4me is offline Find More Posts by flynz4me
Old Jul 17, 2007, 08:18 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
My wife said she wants to join the local metal detectors club. AND YOU TALKED ABOUT WEIRD? Help me please!

my daughter has a pretty nice metal detector that her gma and gpa gave her... Its pretty cool when you do find stuff with it... but being part of a club... I dont know about that

BTW guys... thanks but its really nothing
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:

BTW guys... thanks but its really nothing
It's really something to me man! I'd be grounded otherwise. I'm really just starting to get the hang of hovering well and a couple of months layoff while I tried to scrimp and save would hurt my meager skills big time. I know I thanked you once already but now I'm doing it publicly so I can try and embarass you !
Nah man, I seriously appreciate it.
Thanks also go out to avocado flyer who was willing to step up and offer a motor as well.
We have a great group here and I hope I can continue to learn and pass on my knowledge to others as well.
As soon as I have the opportunity I'm going to try and pass on something I can spare to a flyer in need to pass on blade strike's act of kindness and goodwill.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:49 PM
Flying better than every
Joined May 2007
570 Posts
Payed that phone bill. (95$!!!)

Blade your karma is gonna come back and bite you in the butt on day
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING