Pole Attack (0 min 51 sec)
scareintheair is offline Find More Posts by scareintheair
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2007, 04:52 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,631 Posts
Wow, that made a LOUD bang...ouch. I saw another modeler hit a goal post of a football field goal post with a PZ Cub one day. That made a similar noise.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
Ouch....how bad was the damage?
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:53 PM
Joined Dec 2006
59 Posts
Thanks for the sympathy guys!

The P-47 was smashed to pieces, there was a man walking nearby who saw the whole thing and found one of the bombs. He said he had been an armament man on a flight crew in world war II, so it was fitting he found the bomb.

The plane was glued back together with epoxy, and live to fly many more flights, plus survived a few more crashes.

I retired it a couple weeks ago, but will get another. This is a fun, great flying bird that is as strong or stronger and as easy to repair as GWS. The value of the kit is unbeatable IMHO, the stock motor works well, I broke it and put on a $50 Brushless GS Models motor, and the difference was well worth it.
scareintheair is offline Find More Posts by scareintheair
Old Jul 15, 2007, 06:13 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
I've got the PZ 190 and Spits, great planes and you can't beat them as an RTF, but I've been eyeing the P-47. Aside from the PZ P-51, next on my list, the P-47's going be in my hanger at some point, I've got an old PZ J-3 Cub I'll gut for parts, nothing but raves here for the P-47, but it'll be a belly slider. The club I belong to flys at a grass field, and planes this small just don't like grass, unless they're sliding on it. I figure a coat or two of a matt finish sealer will stop the plane from making the field look like a bean bag exploded.
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man