HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2007, 05:55 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
1st flight report

Well I finally went up to My favorite place Lake Hodges the wind was great 12 plus MPH out of the South. I got the ritewing 48 - FT dialed it pretty darn good on the CG. This thing fly like a rocket and rolls fast. It makes a crazy whistle sound when it rolls... sounds like a Hawk. 1st Flight report is golden.
I get to test it in mexico for a week. That will truely put it through the RINGER!
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2007, 06:07 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Do it bro ,Sounds great.I will work on a nose for it.

ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclaw
Well I finally went up to My favorite place Lake Hodges the wind was great 12 plus MPH out of the South. I got the ritewing 48 - FT dialed it pretty darn good on the CG. This thing fly like a rocket and rolls fast. It makes a crazy whistle sound when it rolls... sounds like a Hawk. 1st Flight report is golden.
I get to test it in mexico for a week. That will truely put it through the RINGER!
-Jason
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:33 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Do it bro ,Sounds great.I will work on a nose for it.

ck
Hey Chris thanks again for letting me test out one of your new creations.
Your one of a kind brother. Hey I was thinking of taking the rite wing 50 down to Mexico and building it down there. I will have alot of time on my hands.
-Jason
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:52 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Cool, I will also make A version of the FT with some more sweep for help w the cg if you are interested.
IMHO you will love the fity it is the best all around slope wing I have ever flown.Just get all the weight foward as possible,verry light on the glass behind the 8'inch mark ,ahead of the mark just build it tough.

Build it bro in Mexico.
ck
Old Jul 22, 2007, 09:40 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Cool, I will also make A version of the FT with some more sweep for help w the cg if you are interested.
IMHO you will love the fity it is the best all around slope wing I have ever flown.Just get all the weight foward as possible,verry light on the glass behind the 8'inch mark ,ahead of the mark just build it tough.

Build it bro in Mexico.
ck
On the FT I have a feeling a little more sweep would be a real good thing. I am interested bro. Let me know how much you need for shipping and all.

Hey on the 50 what sized servos you running in yours?
-Jason
Old Jul 22, 2007, 09:59 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Just some good durable full size standards will work great ,you need the weight and throw anyways.I will add a few degress to it to help.

ck
Quote:
On the FT I have a feeling a little more sweep would be a real good thing. I am interested bro. Let me know how much you need for shipping and all.

Hey on the 50 what sized servos you running in yours?
-Jason
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:53 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Well I took it to Fermin for the lil get together we had. Wind was ok there. But since it was flat faced cliff wind it was nice. The 48 FT likes to fly at high speeds and it likes alot of wind the more the better. This plane could handle "ALOT OF SERIOUS WIND!" with out any problems its very stable and rolls super fast. It also flys just as good upside down as it does right side up. It does not like super light wind and slow speeds. Thats my report so far I can not wait to see this thing at parker it will eat all that high speed stuff up for dinner. I was even thinking of making another fuse for a geared high speed motor I have , and mounting it on the nose of this plane. This thing is a real rocket waiting for more.
-Jason
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:19 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2007
33 Posts
What beach do you fly at?

Hey Claw, what beach do you fly at? I live in Dana Point and have a couple Demons and a few Combat Wings and everytime I've been to the beach to fly everyone gets pissed off at me. Never thought I'd get in fights from my RC habit, my bar habit yes, but my RC habit...

Is there any place down south to fly 3D Nitro?
envynlust is offline Find More Posts by envynlust
Old Aug 13, 2007, 06:06 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by envynlust
Hey Claw, what beach do you fly at? I live in Dana Point and have a couple Demons and a few Combat Wings and everytime I've been to the beach to fly everyone gets pissed off at me. Never thought I'd get in fights from my RC habit, my bar habit yes, but my RC habit...

Is there any place down south to fly 3D Nitro?
Hey Brother welcome to the club.
LOL!! who gets pissed at you?
We Mostly fly combat wings at The Poway Slope with about 20 of us at one time. We Normally have an event once a month.....we are moving the events futher apart seems to get more people interested that way. Hey if you ever want to go out flying Poway....Bills Hill....Lake Hodges....little beach in Carlsbad. Let me know. Lake Hodges is one of my favorite spots you can fly any size plane there. I fly wings and other foamie creations and composites. Call me any time brother,There are alot of us here locally. We just post here, and plan a get together. 3d nitro if you are referring to gas powered planes then you want to join Palomar flyers they have a SWEET airstrip for all kinds of electrics and gas powered plus they have a helicopter area and a big rc car track.
-Jason
Old Aug 16, 2007, 03:59 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jason here is a Phoenix 60 .It has a ballast bay that will hold up to 6- 8 oz lead slugs.It going to the big Island where the winds blow constant 50 to 60mph.
The wing has 7 spars and the botom is coverite for durability and spray painted.It has digital servos,super stiff 3/8 /2 aileron stock.
The rx bats are 2 5 cell 2000 mahr AA paraleled nimhs.
Auw before the slugs is 38 oz .
Here are some pix.
ck
Hey Chris,
Ask your buddy in Hawaii if he was been flying that beast in all that crazy wind they have been having since the hurricane. I was reading the news over there said wind reports were 50 to 70 in some places Big Cliff winds .....OMG I wish I was there.
-Jason
Old Aug 16, 2007, 04:59 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
He told me he will be.The 60 I built can take an aditional 48 oz of ballast,Wooo Hoo!
ck
Quote:
Hey Chris,
Ask your buddy in Hawaii if he was been flying that beast in all that crazy wind they have been having since the hurricane. I was reading the news over there said wind reports were 50 to 70 in some places Big Cliff winds .....OMG I wish I was there.
-Jason
Old Aug 16, 2007, 05:48 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
He told me he will be.The 60 I built can take an aditional 48 oz of ballast,Wooo Hoo!
ck
Hey how did you cut the monocote covering on his plane so perfect?

*THAT LUCKY LUCKY BASTARD*
-Jay
Old Aug 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Freehand, then overlay freehand tracing of monocoat to get one to match for the otherside no lines drawn just a razor.
Then apply.
ck
Quote:
Hey how did you cut the monocote covering on his plane so perfect?

*THAT LUCKY LUCKY BASTARD*
-Jay
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:42 PM
San Diego North County
Del Mar
Joined Feb 2007
757 Posts
Claw Impersonator

Quote:
I heard from the locals you were here in town.. Man next time come over for a beer or two. It will be a good excuse for my wife to clean up the damm house too. When real lift comes in its on... maybe next Saturday. Then I can dial it in.
Yea Carlsbad seems to only rock and roll when a storm is blowing in. I just was not up for the hike up my normal hills in the heat today. I am still not in 100 percent health. That reminds me of a funny story... READY!!
When I was at Carlsbad today, one of the regulars at Carlsbad I forgot his rcgroups screen name, and he has been to several of my combat events.....He was absolutly positive I was not -=THE_CLAW=- I was like DoooooD its me, come on its me DooooD...I asked him if he had smoked something before he came out to the beach, he said no. He was telling me all about -=THE_CLAW'S=- poor health as of late. I was like DoooD I know its me buddy.
Funny thing is he and I have had many conversations before. Maybe it was because I shaved my head... threw him for a loop. I hope he reads this
maybe then he will belive it was really me and not a -=CLAW=- impersonator .... Ok now I am cracking myself up.
-Jason
Jason,

That was me, it must have been the haircut or maybe I have only seen you fly at Poway, but I thought you were some joker pretending to be the "Claw."

Once I realized it really was you (about the time you asked me what I had been smokin) I felt like an idiot for not recognizing you.

Anyway, it's now just a funny story I won't soon forget.

Robert
Mr. Robert is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Robert
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:14 PM
GOT WIND?
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Robert
Jason,

That was me, it must have been the haircut or maybe I have only seen you fly at Poway, but I thought you were some joker pretending to be the "Claw."

Once I realized it really was you (about the time you asked me what I had been smokin) I felt like an idiot for not recognizing you.

Anyway, it's now just a funny story I won't soon forget.

Robert

Hey Robert,
ROFL.......DooooooD it really is a funny story. I went home and told my wife the story we were laughing. So was I uglier and fatter than you remembered? I normally have my big straw hat on when I am flying. That time I was out cruzing the beach with out my hat.
-Jason