HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:43 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Thuren is spot on,Lift your control rods to the top hole on your horn ,then dial your rates way down,that will help J.
J, how far back did the cg get before she flew?
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:57 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Maybe the next one we can loose one of the internal spars and put the servos up alongside the batteries.Even 2 degrees of sweep added might help if somone wants a liter build.
Jason once you get some good lift she should rock.I actualy like mine medium to heavy.
I was at carlsbad last week and it was pretty week lift When I was there too.
ck

I heard from the locals you were here in town.. Man next time come over for a beer or two. It will be a good excuse for my wife to clean up the damm house too. When real lift comes in its on... maybe next Saturday. Then I can dial it in.
Yea Carlsbad seems to only rock and roll when a storm is blowing in. I just was not up for the hike up my normal hills in the heat today. I am still not in 100 percent health. That reminds me of a funny story... READY!!
When I was at Carlsbad today, one of the regulars at Carlsbad I forgot his rcgroups screen name, and he has been to several of my combat events.....He was absolutly positive I was not -=THE_CLAW=- I was like DoooooD its me, come on its me DooooD...I asked him if he had smoked something before he came out to the beach, he said no. He was telling me all about -=THE_CLAW'S=- poor health as of late. I was like DoooD I know its me buddy.
Funny thing is he and I have had many conversations before. Maybe it was because I shaved my head... threw him for a loop. I hope he reads this
maybe then he will belive it was really me and not a -=CLAW=- impersonator .... Ok now I am cracking myself up.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:59 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Thuren is spot on,Lift your control rods to the top hole on your horn ,then dial your rates way down,that will help J.
J, how far back did the cg get before she flew?
ck
Ok will do that.....about 5.0 inches maybe 5.25 from the nose back.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:04 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
I will take a trip out soon J. I hit the slope realqwik and no one was around flyin.
The lift was bad w alot of side wind.
I hit it on the way up to deliver a wing to my buddy in carlsbad.
If I had some time i would have given you a call,sorry bro.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclaw
I heard from the locals you were here in town.. Man next time come over for a beer or two. It will be a good excuse for my wife to clean up the damm house too. When real lift comes in its on... maybe next Saturday. Then I can dial it in.
Yea Carlsbad seems to only rock and roll when a storm is blowing in. I just was not up for the hike up my normal hills in the heat today. I am still not in 100 percent health. That reminds me of a funny story... READY!!
When I was at Carlsbad today, one of the regulars at Carlsbad I forgot his rcgroups screen name, and he has been to several of my combat events.....He was absolutly positive I was not -=THE_CLAW=- I was like DoooooD its me, come on its me DooooD...I asked him if he had smoked something before he came out to the beach, he said no. He was telling me all about -=THE_CLAW'S=- poor health as of late. I was like DoooD I know its me buddy.
Funny thing is he and I have had many conversations before. Maybe it was because I shaved my head... threw him for a loop. I hope he reads this
maybe then he will belive it was really me and not a -=CLAW=- impersonator Ok now I am craking myself up.
-Jason
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:10 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Dont feel bad I have a bald head TOO.
BEERS WINGS.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Dont feel bad I have a bald head TOO.
BEERS WINGS.
ck

LOL!! I had to give up the ghost with my sad attempts of keeping my hair parted on the side, a remnance of what used to be a full head of hair 10 years ago. So I shaved the puppy and I am never going back. I love my shaved head and my vampire hair line. I was considering getting a new email called allotaforehead@whatever.com what do you think?

Next weekend I am packing up for Mexico right after the combat event. I will give you about one week of flight reports from the Sea of Cortez in Puerto Penasco. 150 south of Phoenix Arizona. You should drive down bring a tent and a couple of planes the lift there is amazing 24 hours a day non stop all day all night MEGA LIFT. I am packing alot of Xeon lights for night flying.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:23 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Dont feel bad I have a bald head TOO.
BEERS WINGS.
ck
Dood I will buy a couple of those little planes if you cut some more for your kid. My kid and I play with little fun planes around the yard all the time.
Too cool.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:33 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
When I cut some more I will hook you up,they make great little micro slopers w sub micro gear.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
When I cut some more I will hook you up,they make great little micro slopers w sub micro gear.
ck

Hey thanks Chris. Talk to you tommorow.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUREN
Tell me you didn't start building yesterday?? !! ??

If so you are FAST!

This plane was very easy to assemble plus had had three of the two of the four small spars preinstalled. It probably took me 10 or so hours. I got to watch about 5 or 6 movies in my work shop. That is how I judge my build time...
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2007, 03:08 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
buildthread

Here is a build thread from the flying wings forumn.It was started by my buddy Adam who has a good handle on the Ritewing build style.
I figured some of you guys might be able to use this info on anything epp ,it is really detailed like my build dvd.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ferrerid=18324
enjoy
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:47 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
oh nice.... theres a bunch of good info.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
phoenix 60 sloper

Hey Jason here is a Phoenix 60 .It has a ballast bay that will hold up to 6- 8 oz lead slugs.It going to the big Island where the winds blow constant 50 to 60mph.
The wing has 7 spars and the botom is coverite for durability and spray painted.It has digital servos,super stiff 3/8 /2 aileron stock.
The rx bats are 2 5 cell 2000 mahr AA paraleled nimhs.
Auw before the slugs is 38 oz .
Here are some pix.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:48 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Hey Jason here is a Phoenix 60 .It has a ballast bay that will hold up to 6- 8 oz lead slugs.It going to the big Island where the winds blow constant 50 to 60mph.
The wing has 7 spars and the botom is coverite for durability and spray painted.It has digital servos,super stiff 3/8 /2 aileron stock.
The rx bats are 2 5 cell 2000 mahr AA paraleled nimhs.
Auw before the slugs is 38 oz .
Here are some pix.
ck

DooooD that is awesome! That is one real nice set up there. You are quite the wizard with these planes. I have learned a few new tricks to building watching you. I have been building sailplanes since 1986 and foamies since 1996. Just when I thought I new all the building tricks some better ones develop. NICE!! Hey did you do the crazy Hawaiian covering job...frigging tight!!

Hey I am going down to Mexico in 4 or 5 days here and the storms are blowing in down there the wind are around 50 - 60 Mph EASY when this happens down there. I am preping the 48 FT with about 1 and a half pounds of ballast. Trust me it will need it. This time last year, I was standin sideways flying a bandit with 2 pounds of lead just to penetrate. One word " EPIC!! "

-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Last edited by theclaw; Jul 18, 2007 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Escondido
Joined Jul 2006
1,206 Posts
Here are my latest pic's of THE_CLAW'S revised version.
-Jason
theclaw is offline Find More Posts by theclaw
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log The Ritewing Build Thread Atom1025 Flying Wings 12752 Aug 28, 2014 06:57 PM
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 09:28 PM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 11:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 05:48 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 10:34 PM