HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2002, 05:33 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
555 extra channel ,double check please

I have brought out the 6th channel in my HiTech 555 reciever by way of a pig tail. This receiver is set up for old style airtronics. I removed pin 14 from the circuit board and made a jumper wire to pin 8. I then soldered the servo signal to pin 12 ( I left pin 12 attatched to circuit board.)

I have a picture of the completed circuit board and mods , but, with Windows 2000 , I don't seem to be able to resize the picture to post it. I could E-mail it in its entirety.

Would somebody double check my work please?

thanks. Bob K
Bob K is offline Find More Posts by Bob K
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2002, 06:06 PM
Just a plane Junkie
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
461 Posts
I brought out channel six and sacrificed channel 5 on my 555. I cut the number 5 pin going to the board and soldered the number 6 pad to the number 5 pad. This put channel 6 in place of channel 5 on the top of the receiver. This is obviously not quite what your doing but I thought the info might help.

Here's a picture (not mine).

apex is offline Find More Posts by apex
Old Nov 11, 2002, 10:27 AM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
Yes, that photo did help. What I am not clear on is why other directions say to ground out pin 14. I noticed that you did not. Can you tell me the reason?

Thanks. Bob K
Old Nov 11, 2002, 06:23 PM
Just a plane Junkie
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
461 Posts
http://www.scalesoaring.com/slickraft2_5a.htm is the page with the instructions I followed and I'm guessing you did what's on http://www.withinc.com/~wwang/HitecMod.jpg

I'm sure either way works, but perhaps you only need to ground 14 if you are pulling out channels 7 & 8 in addition to 6.
apex is offline Find More Posts by apex
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:34 AM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
Yes, these were my instructions. And I can see now that you're probably right. Just to get channel 6 , I probably didn't have to ground out pin 14. cest la vie. ( or is it, cey la douche? ).

I'm going to plug it in tonight, I'll see if I can get the pictures re-sized. and posted.

Bob K
Old Nov 12, 2002, 09:55 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2001
439 Posts
This modification does work for bringing out the 6th channel of an Hitech 555 receiver. This works with my Airtronics Radiant transmitter and gives proper flaperon mixing with two aileron servos.

I am not sure if the jumper between pin 14 and pin 8 is necessary. but, I did it because I did'nt know any better and , what the heck , it works.

Mission accomplished! ( except for the pictures)

Thanks, Bob K