SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2007
136 Posts
Help!
rex 450 ,JR 790 Receiver , JR7202 radio Heading Lock not working

I am building a Rex 450 . Everything is ready to go , but when I power it up , the tail rotor is not "creeping " as it should when in Heading Lock mode. It stays put right in the middle. What am I missing on this? in the radio settings or in the receiver channels . I know Ail , elev, rudd, are all correct (obvious)
I am unsure of where to plug the 2 gyro plugs , what goes into Aux 1, aux 2 , and gear . Could this be the problem ! I have it set up as my Rex600 !

S Trex
Southern T Rex is offline Find More Posts by Southern T Rex
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:13 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,334 Posts
Which gyro?

The 402 does not creep when it is just sitting.

One plug coming from the gyro goes into the rudder channel on your reciever. The other goes to one of the auxiliary channels to adjust the gain. If a 401, this can shift the gyro from rate mode to heading hold and also adjust the gain in each mode.
Ah Clem is online now Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
Arkansas
Joined May 2007
203 Posts
Aux1 is taken by one of your cyclic servos (can't remember which), On the XP7202 the gyro gain wire (yellow) goes in your Aux2 slot. Check out the finless videos to help you set your gain from the radio (assuming GY401). A high quality gyro when trimmed correctly shouldn't creep like a low quality one does.
TrumpetRhapsody is offline Find More Posts by TrumpetRhapsody
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:51 PM
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2007
136 Posts
my gyro

I am using an align rce500x gyro

thanks

don
Southern T Rex is offline Find More Posts by Southern T Rex
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:01 PM
Flying better than every
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
Ok on JR

ch1 (THRO)- esc lead
ch2 (AILE)- Aleron servo
ch3 (ELEV)- elavator servo
ch4 (RUDD)-the 3wire lead from gyro
ch5 (GEAR)- the single wire lead from gyro
ch6( AUX 1)-picth servo
ch7 (aux 2)- anything extra lights landing gear but this is not used for your case

I have a XP6102 but the and R700 RX but it is basically the same. you might have everything hooked up properly but im lost on the programing part in the radio as to how to set gain and such and that might be you problem but All I now is for heading hold set gain allilte above half way to get HH.

Some one help me on 401 setup on a 6102 and 7202!
Ginvent is offline Find More Posts by Ginvent
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:51 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,247 Posts
If you want to see if it "creeps" just move the tail to the side. If in HH mode the servo should travel to one side. If in rate mode it will travel towards one side and when you stop rotating the heli it should center. You can plug the gain into gear and use the gear switch. Adjust the end points on each side of the switch to control gain. Or use Aux 2 and use the gyro sens menu to control the gain and the switch used.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob