Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 11, 2001, 10:07 AM
N Lauderdale,FL,US
Joined Jun 2001
6 Posts
HYPERFLY-ALMOST READY TO FLY

I just finished assemblying the hyperfly this weekend. I'm using a Olds Futaba 4 channel fm Conquest radio with s148 std servos.. I'm having a problem getting the elevator stick to work up and down. It only wants to work the elevator servo left right.
Help... can't wait to get flying..

Wingman2
wingman2 is offline Find More Posts by wingman2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2001, 10:38 AM
Riverside CA
Joined Feb 2001
884 Posts
HI,
Just some food for thought ! I have bought, built and flown a hyperfly with much success. It is critical that you keep this semi-chopper light. You may want to consider using smaller radio gear to save on weight. Despite what the instructions say on radio gear it has a rough time gaining altitude if the chopper is heavy. I used Futaba S33 micro servos a micro two channel receiver and a Kyosho AP29 bearing motor for power. My Hyper flew very well, but I had lot's of people tell me that they could never get there choppers to fly as nearly as well.

Keep it light and your better off all the way around.
garyg4rc is offline Find More Posts by garyg4rc
Old Jun 11, 2001, 11:17 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wingman2:
I just finished assemblying the hyperfly this weekend. I'm using a Olds Futaba 4 channel fm Conquest radio with s148 std servos.. I'm having a problem getting the elevator stick to work up and down. It only wants to work the elevator servo left right.
Help... can't wait to get flying..

Wingman2
Errr, is the elevator servo pluged into the elevator socket? What is the aileron servo doing?
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Jun 11, 2001, 11:33 AM
N Lauderdale,FL,US
Joined Jun 2001
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris True:
Errr, is the elevator servo pluged into the elevator socket? What is the aileron servo doing?
I have plugged the elevator servo into 2, 3,&4 on the receiver and it will noit operate the left stick in any of those positions. In #2 the stick only operates left to right!

wingman2 is offline Find More Posts by wingman2
Old Jun 12, 2001, 12:24 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wingman2:
I have plugged the elevator servo into 2, 3,&4 on the receiver and it will noit operate the left stick in any of those positions. In #2 the stick only operates left to right!

Quite possibly I'm slow this morning, I had a lot of time in the sun this weekend and I'm tired . Lets start from the beginning? Are you a mode 1 or 2 flyer? I ask because for mode 2 the throttle and rudder are on the left stick, Aileron / elevator on the right.

The normal reciever slot assignments for a futaba rx if I remember right is aileron,elevator, throttle,rudder for channels 1,2,3,and 4 respectively. So, if the radio is wired normally for mode two plugging the elevator servo into #2 should give servo movement if you move the right stick up and down. If you have a non-futaba Rx than the assignments might be different. If you wanted elevator on the left stick then presumably channel 3 would work.

Try checking the positions of the reversing switches? Maybe one is in the center rather than to one side and is causing non action on the elevator stick.

Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True