SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jasmine2501, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 04, 2007, 09:23 PM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
Still looking for Pattern flying.

Hey Flygirl,
If your still looking at pattern flyng check out extreme flight Vanquish. I just bought one after seeing the videos on youtube and the one on the extreme flight website. It should have plenty of power for the high altitude here in Colorado.
Happy Flying,
Joe
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2007, 10:15 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
Hey Flygirl,
If your still looking at pattern flyng check out extreme flight Vanquish. I just bought one after seeing the videos on youtube and the one on the extreme flight website. It should have plenty of power for the high altitude here in Colorado.
Happy Flying,
Joe
Let me know how you like it, I have looked at it. I got a Brio, but I haven't flown it yet. Eventually if I get serious about it, I'll go with a Vanquish, Stingray, or something like that...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 10, 2007, 06:30 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
Hi Jasmine, I somehow did not get back to this thread, so did not see your request. I found this on the FMS Site: http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/Rc_hp2...cenery_te.html

It is too complicated for me to figure out, but it does provide a "map" of the FMS Flying Universe and indicates that the Landscape file can be edited with a text editor. So I just when in and moved their trees around and made lots of copies of them so that I would have a boundry of trees around the field. I have made quite a number of sucessful flights in my SlowStick out of my small field, and I am sure that practicing on the FMS helped a huge amount. I went through each training flight many times before I did it. Your SlowStick model flies very much like my real one. Thanks, Joe
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 02, 2008, 02:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3 Posts
R/C 4# series

i just got the walkera 4 series for christmas.
It came with walkera radio WKMH04 and a cable that is 9 pin series to connect to the computer.
I have connected it and loaded the fms software 2.0 alpha8.5. loaded some drivers "ppjoy"
There are no options for serial just parrallel options.
Can you help ? need to run on simulator first.

also any help on the set up that is not in the directions...

thanks

Calvin
chenshaw is offline Find More Posts by chenshaw
Old Jan 02, 2008, 03:32 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenshaw
i just got the walkera 4 series for christmas.
It came with walkera radio WKMH04 and a cable that is 9 pin series to connect to the computer.
I have connected it and loaded the fms software 2.0 alpha8.5. loaded some drivers "ppjoy"
There are no options for serial just parrallel options.
Can you help ? need to run on simulator first.

also any help on the set up that is not in the directions...

thanks

Calvin
When you select Analog control there should be an option that say "Joystick"
Old Jan 02, 2008, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3 Posts
yes there is I select it.
when I configure all the bars move (four 4 of them do) then center them. All seems to work well but nothing happens to the heli in the sim.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:02 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3 Posts
what is the walkera controller ? PPM or PCM ?
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:59 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenshaw
what is the walkera controller ? PPM or PCM ?
I don't know much about it. You'll just have to try things until you figure it out. It will work.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
I'm a registered user!!!
Joined Feb 2008
518 Posts
lsdkngal;sd
*314*john*314* is offline Find More Posts by *314*john*314*
Last edited by *314*john*314*; Feb 12, 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: wrong thing
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1 Posts
slow stick night fly video

Jas
I would like to se your night vid of your Slow Stick. When I click the link , it says page not avaiable.
Larry
LarryPo1 is offline Find More Posts by LarryPo1
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:06 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
slowstick its a classic i have been flying for 17 years and i am still a proud owner of not one but 2 slowsticks one is for training and the other is my night flyer
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:34 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I fly helis, yeah
Haven't set up one for FPV yet though, as all my helis are high performance types. I do have a big nitro heli which I might do with FPV, but it's one of the first good aerobatic helis from the 80s so probably I will make that one as-is, for historical value.

Looks good to me! Maybe we were flying at the same time? I can't really recognize where you are, but we should get together some time and fly!

I got my DVD recorder to work and had time for one good flight today, which I put on the DVD, but Adobe Premiere choked on it for some reason, so I'll have to figure that out before I can post the video, but it went pretty good. My video link is working well, only problem I had was I ran out of motor battery really quickly, like maybe the battery wasn't charged or something. So I did a deadstick "landing" as soon as I realized the motor had quit - heck of a good reason to install a microphone. Will try to put up the video later.
hi Jasmine, tort i'd post here rather than kinda hijack the noobs thread... i have a habit of rambling where i shouldn't be
was almost going to start an fpv general discussion thread but there already are enough i guess

flying heli's kinda scares me lol my blade sr is so damned touchy on the controls
i was going to try my dx7 on it, but i have no clue how to set up all the trims etc, so that became the "too hard basket"
now an fpv mate of mine lent me his FlyMentor3D, but rigging that up on a small BladeSR has me lost
soooo.... one day when i'm bored i'll just have to bite the bullet and learn like everyone else, without cheating but the reward will be to achieve fpv on a heli eventually
is it just me, or have i bought the wrong heli to learn on? i realize picking the wrong mode Tx doesnt help, but just seems near impossible

Adobe choked on it? i'm kinda surprised. You could try Windows Movie Maker, I started playing with it before i was given a copy of Pinnacle deluxe... love to see some footage
yup, i need to refine my ground station, i have the audio going straight to my recorder, i need to split it to my goggs, i got caught out flying in the clouds a month or so ago, kinda lost my focus on the telemetry, lost throttle response before i thought to glance at volts/mah used lol... just glided slowly all the way down to a nice dead stick belly land

let me know when you have yer vid posted please
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:33 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Helicopters are tricky, but the Blade SR is one of the more tricky ones. I'm not sure where they were going with their marketing, trying to make a CP helicopter sound easy - it was an immoral statement to make. For FPV, you really need a big heli, but people have done it with 250s. Big helis are better for training in terms of how they fly, but the cost is a factor. You have to strike a balance there, and that's why lots of people start with the 400-class, the Blade 400 and Trex 450.

I posted my video in the other thread.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:10 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Nov 2008
72 Posts
mcpx

Hey Jasmine,
I find your post informative and always enjoy reading them. I was just wondering if you like your mcpx. I have a blade 400 which I like but hate the rebuilding after I crash. I have to drive a ways when I fly and always enjoyed flying my HBFP in the coldasac but won't for safety reasons do it with the 400. I work in a large warehouse and was wondering about your thoughts on the mcpx for that and low wind neighborhood flying.

Thanks
Chris
Redslotman is offline Find More Posts by Redslotman
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:49 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redslotman View Post
Hey Jasmine,
I find your post informative and always enjoy reading them. I was just wondering if you like your mcpx. I have a blade 400 which I like but hate the rebuilding after I crash. I have to drive a ways when I fly and always enjoyed flying my HBFP in the coldasac but won't for safety reasons do it with the 400. I work in a large warehouse and was wondering about your thoughts on the mcpx for that and low wind neighborhood flying.

Thanks
Chris
YES, love the mCPx for outside in small areas. It doesn't fly too good on the stock batteries and there is an upgrade for that, but it flies good enough that I haven't bothered to get any of those. I just buzz around with it doing circuits and it's a lot of fun to have really good control over a little heli. The gyro system keeps it pretty stable in light wind, which is great because there's always too much wind outside for the mSR.