HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:08 PM
United States, SC, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Help!
Sig Kadet Sr Arf Fuel Tank Removal

Bought a used Kadet Sr ARF for use as a club trainer and I can't find a downloadable manual for it anywhere

I gather from the other threads that I've searched that the CG should be 3 and 7/8ths back from the LE. That sound right?

Also, I need to remove and replace the leaking fuel tank. I don't see a removable hatch top or bottom behind the firewall and I can't get in there from the cabin to pull it out because there's a piece of light ply epoxied in behind the tank holding it in. So whaddya think? Should I cut in from the top or the bottom of the fuse to get at the tank the tank?

Thanks for any advice.

Jim
fenderjw is offline Find More Posts by fenderjw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:51 PM
USA, FL, Eustis
Joined Jun 2004
340 Posts
You should cut the piece of ply out of the way and pull it out as it was designed to do. The tank rests in a saddle that completely encircles the tank so if you cut in fromthe top or bottom you are going to have to cut this out of the way and have alot of repair to do. Set the C/G on the spar, thats close enough.
happypappy is offline Find More Posts by happypappy
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:53 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
you could always email sig and see if they would send you a copy of the manual. mail@sigmfg.com .
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:08 PM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,740 Posts
I think you can find the manual at towerhobbies.com.

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:51 AM
United States, SC, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I could not find a manual on Tower's site. I finally popped the light ply loose and pulled the tank out the rear as suggested. The builder used some hell for stout epoxy because part of the former that the light ply was attached to came of with it when I popped it loose

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jim
fenderjw is offline Find More Posts by fenderjw