HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2007, 08:08 AM
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Jun 2002
1,052 Posts
Video
Hippo's new prototype Auto-Gyro. Video by Dave Thacker

Greetings all

One of the most interesting things to me at Mid-Am 2007 was Dan Schwart's excellent Auto-Gyro. I'm no expert on this subject but of all of them I've seen demonstrated Hippo's has been the best. He had very good control, super short rotor spin-up and take off. Looked like a blast to fly! Enjoy!

Dave
Radical RC
radicalrc is offline Find More Posts by radicalrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:39 AM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,677 Posts
Hey Dave,

Thanks. That video looks great. You've got a steadier hand than most volunteer cameramen. You sure look like you're having fun with the editing software too.

Mid-America was a fun (but extremely hot out) event. Dave generously let me take a turn at the sticks of his new baby too. The Quick Wing, I think it was the 20mm version. I'm sure the video will pop up here before too long. It was also a blast to fly (even if it was made of balsa... )

Thanks again for the video shoot, and I'm glad I could return the favor. The Gyro is a load of fun to fly. Still waiting on kit parts, but it's coming along.

I'm sure we'll run into each other again. We keep showing up at the same places...must be a coincidence

-Dan
Hippo is online now Find More Posts by Hippo