SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2002, 03:16 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,574 Posts
Question
Cirrus CS-21BB Sub-Micro HP servos - OPINIONS?

Anybody have any good/bad feedback on the Cirrus CS-21BB Sub-Micro HP servos?

My brother seems to be having problems with them not centering and buzzing, it then drains the Rx battery... but he is not sure it's the servos.

Any comments about these servos?

Thanks!

CJS
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2002, 05:47 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,141 Posts
I tried several of the cirrus servos and found them all to be very poor in quality. Not centering was one of the worst problems I had with them. Excessive slop was another irritating problem with them. I have not tried the CS-21 but every other one I tried ended up in the garbage can.

By the way on the one's I had a problem with the centering I discovered it was a problem with the pots moving inside the case. They were only held in place with a small dab of glue which would come loose and allow the pots to move causing the servo center position to continually change.

They're cheap but they're cheap!

TFLG
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Nov 08, 2002, 08:00 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,298 Posts
I've been using 21BB's for the v-tail of my Mini Acacia. The plane is DS'ed quite often, and so far the servos remain very tight and seem to center fine (this after about 6months).
bjaffee is offline Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Nov 08, 2002, 09:35 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
I've had very good luck with CS-21's over the years, though I've never used them in anything real fast or heavy. I've had mixed luck with other Cirrus servos.

Pete
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo