1,849 Posts
elevon not ailervator
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:29 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Its called "Ailevator", Check here under Advance fetures.
http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk7000.html

and is also on page 45 of the manual.

Regards,
Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:52 AM
Huntersville, NC
Joined Jul 2002
1,699 Posts
With ailevator you use channel five for the second elevator servo. At least that's how it works for me. Make sure you turn off the aileron function or your ailerons will respond to elevator input.

Ron
ronrandle is offline Find More Posts by ronrandle
Old Feb 13, 2008, 08:21 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Haole:

I’ve been doing business with Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobby for the past 12 years, all I have to say is they both have excellent service and customer support; but people do makes mistakes, if I was you, I will call them directly and complain to them, who knows maybe you may get something out of it!

I have two 7C 2.4 and one 6EX, I also own a DX7 system and a bunch of 72 MHz units.

I can deal with the so call ZGUID FASST issue, (this will not stop me from using this system), My TX’s tested ok and I take to the field an extra unbind rx that I check the TX’s with.
I can also deal with the so call DX7 “Brownout” or “reboot” issue, just use a better battery pack and check and double check your system.
But I can’t deal with the 72MHZ shoot downs from people that just turn the radios on without checking the pins first, it happens all the time.

This is just my humble opinion.

Regards,
Doug.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:16 PM
Stranger in a land
Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
571 Posts
CORRECTION: Check your FASST Transmitter again!

I just got off of the phone with Hobbico/Futaba support, very friendly and helpful and it turns out that the replacement TX that I received from Tower Hobbies has in fact been inspected and is not a zeroed unit.

Note: This info is as-of-yet not posted on their service advisory website and is just the word of one tech rep:

If you receive a 7C FASST transmitter that has a serial number which falls within the service advisory's range of potentially faulty units, open the battery cover and look for a large, white sticker inside. Rich at Hobbico/Futaba tech support assured me that that sticker means the transmitter has been verified as good. I hope that he is correct as I'm about to put about $1k of electronics and composites into the air over Hawaii Island.

So I guess I'll be keeping this transmitter, wait a month for my one in parcel-post limbo to get here and then decided what to do with that one when the time comes (if it ever does get here).

Hope this clears up some confusion and that it's a legitimate verification.
Haole is offline Find More Posts by Haole
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Haole: that is Good news!

On one of my 7C I have a F-16 and F-18 jets, they fly very smooth with this radio.

Have fun!

Doug.
Last edited by DougV; Feb 13, 2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:00 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
I can deal with the so call ZGUID FASST issue, (this will not stop me from using this system), My TX’s tested ok and I take to the field an extra unbind rx that I check the TX’s with.
I just have to repeat, that once Your TX is not zero GUID, and You own at least one receiver that has been bind to it, You do not need anything else, neither another empty receiver, to be sure.
All You need to be sure is that receiver(s) binding has not been lost suddenly.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:06 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Hi Coro;

Yes you are right, but I take the receiver with me to check the guys using FASST at the field. you never know!

Doug.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 06:29 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Does this radio have dual aileron servo control?

How about if you have 4 servos in the wing as on a full house sailplane?
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:08 PM
Stranger in a land
Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD rc boater

I am trying to figure this out right now. I will link to my thread if anyone is able to walk me through setting up my motorglider with a 4-servo wing and V-tail mixing.

To clarify, I would like the radio to mix v-tail (this is very easy to setup in the menu), then do crow airbrakes with the 4-servo wing assigned to one switch.

Bonus would be full camber control or at least the inner flaps on the rotary knob but I don't think that'll happen without a more powerful mixing system.

I followed the directions in the 7c FAQ and it did not work so I'll try to get a better set of instructions from users here, then link to that thread like I already mentioned...
Old Feb 15, 2008, 01:23 AM
Stranger in a land
Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD rc boater

I figured out how to make this work and I'll update this thread that I started tomorrow evening.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:30 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,045 Posts
Happy late Merry Christmas, my brother is sending me a Futaba 7 channel Faast system to me as will arrrive later this week, hardly wait tho put it thru the paces, looks like a cool unit...BEST WARREN ..<>..
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:23 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,010 Posts
I just got one of the updated ones a few weeks ago – it sure works great. I do like the programming much better than the DX7 that I got rid of because of all the brown-out crashes. The 7C-2.4 is solid – no more crashes.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:35 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Does anybody know, what FASST means? I assume, it means: Fly A Secure System Today?
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:05 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology. very close!