HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:25 AM
FHSS won Europe hitherto
Vienna/Austria
Joined Jun 2005
428 Posts
Hi,

1) and here it is again and again and....

Quote:
With this technology, every two milliseconds the Futaba 2.4GHz systems move to another channel.
The T7 (and T6) transmitts during 2ms every 8ms. 25% Dutycycle.

Does anybody know why the frequency is shifted every TWO milliseconds?

3 times without any propagation?

BTW You can measure the dutycycle by watching the voltage of the 2G4-unit with a scope.

2) Everybody can read about the difference of the R607 vs. R617 elsewhere in RCG.
It is a very diffence and its essential for helis!

3) Aver. latency of the T7 with R617 for servo 1 AND servo 6 is about 10ms (2-18ms, error may be +2ms) due to binary data streaming without PPM-sampling!
That is about 2/5 of the T6 or DX7 (both about 24ms), 1/7 of the DX6 (appr. 72ms) aso, aso....

Enjoy it!
R.
Rudy Vienna is offline Find More Posts by Rudy Vienna
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:43 AM
Joined Jan 2008
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrandle
Thanks McLovin, we'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Ron
Just be careful of the fact that it is an on/off switch once the esc is armed. Once the esc is armed if the throttle stick is above zero and the cut switch is put into the on position it will spin up. If it is at max throttle when the switch is turned on the motor will go WOT.
IamMcLovin is offline Find More Posts by IamMcLovin
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:52 AM
Happy Flyer
Joined Feb 2006
131 Posts
Anyone knows will Futaba 2.4G RX have brown out issue as in other 2.4G RX?
Leo1 is offline Find More Posts by Leo1
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:57 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,141 Posts
I have no idea of the cost, but I did test a sample of a new "parkflyer" reciever a few weeks ago. Actually flew it the first time on christmas day <G>. It's less than half the size of the 607 (which is small anyway), and a lot lighter (although that's hard to believe)and has only one antenna. I wrote a response to them that i'd flown it to the absolute limits of my vision vertically and horizontally, and I know that to be roughly 1900 feet due to an altimiter watch I've used before on some aircraft. Their response was "this is a parkflyer reciever with range of 1000 feet" <G>. So it appears there will be an option for you in the small/light category. Hopefully it will be inexpensive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Thanks guys - and Gary thanks for letting me look at yours at BEST! The system has been totally rock solid for me - and has great software that is easy to use....

The receiver price issue is not on the existing 6-7channel ones - they are in line with others in the market. But I would love a sub $40-50 dollar job for parkies.....

I would also love to see new radio systems with 2s LiPoly or 2s LiFe chemistry with at least 1500mA capacity. That gives 4-6+ hours of "On" time.... It is especially odd considering that NiCad cells are now prohibited from many countries....

Mike
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:57 AM
YOW
Joined Sep 2004
272 Posts
Awesome! I was waiting for a review of this system.

In a side by side comparison, would there be a difference in the response time between a 2.4Ghz 7C and a 72 MHz 7C? I noticed this text on the Futaba site:

Over 2x Less Minimum Latency

Real-Time Response Latency is the elapsed time between your movement of the transmitter controls and servo response. In Futaba 2.4GHz FASST systems, that response can happen over twice as fast – so you feel less like you're "out in front" leading your model, and more like you're inside driving or flying it.

Comparing the 6EX FASST system to the DX7.

The 12FG is advertised as a 12-Channel 2048 2.4GHz Computer System. What does the 2048 mean? Is it that the entire range of servo motion is divided up into 2048 steps? And what is the number for the 7C?

TIA,
Victor
VictorYOW is offline Find More Posts by VictorYOW
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo1
All electronic equipment requires a minimum voltage level to function. Everything ...

Victor - latency is hard to determine - but from a "pilot feel" standpoint the FASST 6ex and 7c are certainly very low - I feel totally connected.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
FHSS won Europe hitherto
Vienna/Austria
Joined Jun 2005
428 Posts
Quote:
Real-Time Response Latency is the elapsed time between your movement of the transmitter controls and servo response. In Futaba 2.4GHz FASST systems, that response can happen over twice as fast – so you feel less like you're "out in front" leading your model, and more like you're inside driving or flying it.

Comparing the 6EX FASST system to the DX7.
That is not correct: 6ex and DX7 have about the same latency of appr. 24-26msec. And DX6 appr. 72msec.

That error is well known and was never corrected in the advertisments.

Guess, why.....
Rudy Vienna is offline Find More Posts by Rudy Vienna
Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:25 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,421 Posts
Follow-up to Gary's comment above about the Park Flyer size receivers.
Frank from Team Futaba gave a seminar on their 2.4 GHz systems at the AMA Convention last weekend and mentioned that they hard Park Flyer receivers out being tested and everything was going well. If that continued to be the case they should become available this spring. Smaller in size and cheaper in cost. No price was given but the quoted range was 1,000 feet.

Low low voltage: If I remember correctly they said if the voltage dropped too low their system would stop but when voltage was sufficient to operate it would come back on and operate right away. No long delay in coming back on when sufficient voltage became available. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
Grove City, PA
Joined Sep 2007
955 Posts
Why is there a Spektrum banner at the top of the posts in this thread?
Acutually I plan to get one of these FAASTs as my next radio. I've not been thrilled with:
1. Spektrum not supporting the original purchasers (me) of the DX6 with sub-micro receivers.
2. Apparantly not replacing troublesome units with interrmittent problems that they are aware of, but probably won't happen in their lab, if they check it out for you.

Hopefully these new Futabas will pan out with excellence, and be a good alternative.
Bill Covert is offline Find More Posts by Bill Covert
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:06 PM
WAR EAGLE
Parrish Fl
Joined Apr 2004
1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo1
In my opinion, allmost all brown out issues are builder induced. I make sure I have the supply and have never had a problem in over a year on 2.4. Ask QQ about who/what causes brown outs. Many crashes on "so called" brown outs on 72. Another word for brown outs could be, overloads, dead battery, inadequate or overloaded BEC etc.
callen is offline Find More Posts by callen
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:12 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorYOW

The 12FG is advertised as a 12-Channel 2048 2.4GHz Computer System. What does the 2048 mean? Is it that the entire range of servo motion is divided up into 2048 steps? And what is the number for the 7C?

TIA,
Victor
I came across this video explaining some of the Futaba 12FG functions and the 2048 number is answered.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
only prob with fail safe is leave some throttle on and it breaks the blades etc, cut the throttle and it falls like a rock :s i wanna get this radio when i can afford it
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:01 AM
Ham Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2003
198 Posts
When rx are bound to the tx are they bound to the model? So if you have the wrong model they will not work?
PJRono is offline Find More Posts by PJRono
Old Jan 18, 2008, 08:26 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJRono
When rx are bound to the tx are they bound to the model? So if you have the wrong model they will not work?
No that is not included on Futaba systems.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2008, 04:17 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Hi Folks - if you haven't - please look at the Futaba notice concerning FAAST recalls and problems with the 6EX and TM7 Modules
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)