HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by be69ar, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 04, 2007, 10:23 AM
USA, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
Trader Rating: 176
Sold
VASA EDF L-39 molded airplane kit with fan/motor/ESC

You are looking at a new in the box, VASA molded fiberglass L-39 3 function (aileron, elevator, motor) electric ducted fan model. This airplane is pristine having only been removed from the protective bubble wrap for these images. Wingspan is about 32”; fuse length is about 39”…no idea on the wing area or targeted flying weight might be.
The lightweight glass components are exceptionally well molded with really sharp trailing edges and feature numerous raised panel line and inspection plate details. The wing is an assembled 1 piece unit, that is really well crafted and features carbon fiber darts the full span top and bottom (interior) with a full length balsa spar. The horizontal stab is also molded and has the elevator wire joiner installed. If memory serves me, it bolts to the top of the vertical fin, which is fixed.
As can be seen the fuselage is one piece and will require the gluing of the fuselage formers and molded fiberglass duct. The accessory bag includes a clear canopy which I think is applied to a molded fiberglass canopy framework. I’m not sure as I have never watched the assembly CD that is included but sort of looks like it might fit that way.
The formers are machined cut from liteply and what appears to be PCB. Most of the basic hardware items are included for assembly. It will require 3 servos, 1 for elevator and 2 for aileron plus related servo lead extensions.
Also included is a beautifully molded, 65mm VASA molded carbon fan unit and a MEGA 16/15/2 brushless inrunner motor – also brand new. There is also included, but not in this image is a brand new Jeti Advance 70 3P Opto ESC with bullet connectors that is LiPo compatible.
If I had to guess and based on other EDF’s I’ve had experience with, I would think that this model will require a bungee launch, though the inlets are quite large and should be efficient air grabbers and perhaps there is more information on the included CD.
Reason for selling….I’ve had this model for a few years now…tucked away as a someday project but have come to realize that I have way to many of these types of models hanging around and perhaps someone would really enjoy building, painting and flying this model. I’m asking $400.00 plus shipping/insurance for this model with motor and ESC. Box size is approximately 42 x 10 x 12” and estimated shipping weight about 8-9 lbs. I would guess that USPS ground to most anywhere in the US will run less than $35. I will pack the model with more bubble wrap and/or peanuts and also wrap the white kit box with a layer of corrugated for added protection during shipping. MO or certified check preferred, but will accept PayPal.
Thanks for looking, if you have any more questions that I have not addressed, please email me at [email]mfritz1044@hotmail/email]
be69ar is offline Find More Posts by be69ar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2007, 04:41 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,271 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Hi be69ar,

PM sent.
Full price offer pending shipping charges, slightly under asking price is shipping is over $50.00

Kevin
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Jul 04, 2007, 04:48 PM
fast,,,, faster
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,383 Posts
Trader Rating: 219
i have sent a pm also waiting for answer.
ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
Old Jul 04, 2007, 09:48 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,271 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
OK, I'll PayPal later tonight.

Thank you,
Kevin
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Closed Thread