Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2007, 01:38 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Waterfall
Sometimes the same here,someone turns up,gets help and is often given spare parts and then never seen again despite their assurances that they want to come racing.

Allan
so true, i gave a chap wheels tires swing arm bearing steering arm he did 3 meets then quit.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2007, 01:48 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
We had a fellow who always showed up with nothing but his bike and Tx. No fuel, no parts, no battery, no starter (or one with a dead battery ). He never did anything to repair or maintain his bike between races, so he'd bum everything from us, including parts. It got to where we really didn't like seeing him drive up on race day. He spent half the time he was driving talking on the cell phone to his fiance explaining where he was. When he eventually got married he quit coming.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Jul 09, 2007, 03:00 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
I gave out a ton of parts at the last championship, but don't
mind. When i'm practicing at the local sea world people always
get really interested in wanting to purchase a bike and I tell
them all the trick and what not. Sometimes offer to help them
build the bike and most of the time, never hear from them again.
I guess it does take a specific type of person to become a
regular. I think you must ride a real bike to really get into the
little ones.

People always tell me they want to purchase a bike, but I normally
never hear from them again.
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
Old Jul 09, 2007, 04:08 PM
Editor, RCCA
Chatsworth, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,151 Posts
Wow, Steve, that's pretty bad. I guess you guys were better off losing him from the club. And Lorenzo, I think I'm an exception -- I've only been on a motorcycle twice, and as a passenger at that. But all of my friends (even my brother) own Harleys, Hardlys, or sport bikes. I think I'm the only one of all the guys I know that doesn't know how to ride. One of these days I'll take the MRE class...
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:03 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo_MiniGP
People always tell me they want to purchase a bike, but I normally
never hear from them again.
Same here... LOL.
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:49 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Anyway... back on thread just slightly.

Any of you guys making it across for the RC Bike Worlds in Italy at all?
Can't let the side down chaps, no one gonna defend the US honours???

So far I have had emails from a lot of countries after info, all much poorer than the US, Britain included, but we are all committed (or should be) and doing all we can to keep the RC bikes alive and in a good high profile with a positive image not just here but around the world.

Besides as parties go, you don't know what you are missing !
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Jul 12, 2007, 02:00 PM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
181 Posts
Iīm also very sad about that.
Is it really true that no one from the USA will take part at the biggest RC-Bike
event this year????
Come on guys I canīt believe it.
Team Germany will also take part with about 20 guys, and we will bring bavarian beer with!!! We will have a party you never forget!!
TT-Tom is offline Find More Posts by TT-Tom
Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:01 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
Is there not a biker that works for a US mag? That has to be worth covering in the mag for better exposer to the sport in the states.

Dez put something in the RRCI every month to do with the bikes and we keep getting a bigger following.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
Stuttgart
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
Well as the #1 ranked American Pilot, I regret that I can not defend my title this year..sniff sniff
Hopefully the Germans will host next year and I'll try to make it there..err here!!
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:33 PM
Editor, RCCA
Chatsworth, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,151 Posts
Withamn69: That would be me -- I'm one of the editors or RC Car Action. I'm doing everything I can to get more coverage for the bikes, but there is already so much of the more lucrative car market that is queued up for press coverage, that it can be hard to get more in print. Purse strings are really tight, which is why I'm paying my own way even for the ROAR Nats, though I will be doing an article covering the 1/5-scale cars and bikes. They know I'm the go-to bike guy on staff, but a European trip is out of the question. However, I do have three articles lined up for print dealing with bikes -- two reviews and a project build-up. I'll give more info about them when I'm allowed to.

2007 has been good so far with my bike racing campaign -- I've picked up some good sponsors, and have had the results to make them happy. In this year's SoCal club and NATC racing, I've got 4 TQs, 3 wins, and a second with no DNFs. Okay, a lot of that has to do with the fact that speed-e isn't running bikes anymore, but I'm not complaining. I'm anxious to see how I fare against the guys in Washington next month, but what's more important for me is helping get the bike excitement going on the Nats level and further giving it nationwide exposure.

Lito Reyes
Radio Control Car Action

Team Nomadio, 2wheelhobbies.com, DRP Bikes, Alleven RC, MTroniks, Global Hobby
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Last edited by Guidoracer; Jul 13, 2007 at 12:03 PM.