HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2007, 03:48 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Discussion
Is this a GWS plane, or just a copy?

Clicked on a banner ad, and found this....

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=5336

Seems like a great deal, painted, nearly assembled, the elctronics in it. But, really, that battery cover just screams GWS. I do no think it's a GWS that's been assembled for resale at that price, so it must be a copy. If they are willing to steal someone else's design, do I want to buy from them?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2007, 04:02 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,644 Posts
It's not GWS - Looks like another Phase 3 copy of the GWS original. Just like they did with the P-51.
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jul 03, 2007, 04:47 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
It says on the top left hand corner "Foam RTF (Not GWS)". Unless you find some reviews on how this model flies, I wouldn't touch it. But I do wonder if the canopy is more scale than the GWS, I would buy one of those.
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
Old Jul 03, 2007, 05:19 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
It looks like UH is now getting kits from GuanLi, who is known to be a blatant copier of GWS kits. The proof is in the Corsair. Nobody else besides GWS has a battery hatch like that.

I wouldn't dare buy one.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 03, 2007, 07:20 PM
'Riders fan.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Joined Mar 2004
1,165 Posts
Looks like they've taken the GWS corsair (I agree with Pat, that battery hatch is a dead give-away of GWS design), given it a coat of paint, pre-applied some decals, and packaged it as a RTF.

And then added $50 to the cost.
David Winter is offline Find More Posts by David Winter
Old Jul 03, 2007, 09:49 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
The price is $50. It's not a matter of daring to buy it, for me. It's a matter of respect. GWS developed marketed, and made thier planes what they are today. I will not reward someone for stealing that.
Old Jul 03, 2007, 11:14 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
I totally agree phd.

David, there is a factory called GuanLi that has reverse engineered (or gotten a copy of the molds) some of the GWS kits. They push off their cheap RTFs that barely fly worth a darn on stock power. If you go over in the parkflyer forum, you'll see lots of threads on these.

Pat
Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2007
18 Posts
Guanli Corsair flies and how...!

Mine flies like a bat outta hell! Too bad I'm such a poor pilot. No matter how many times I crash it, I'm able to glue it back together and it flies better than ever. I'm a much better mechanic than a pilot.
It seems to have plenty of power. I don't know why people on this site have so much trouble getting theirs to fly.
I bought mine for $120 at www.boomerangs.com RTF includes everything except batteries for the radio.
Eddy
EduardoJ is offline Find More Posts by EduardoJ
Old Jul 16, 2007, 03:40 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks for guys who supporting to GWS!

We respect your understanding.

It's sad there are so many peoples do not understand the differance between original and clones, what's creation and copies?

You are the winner of inside heart world!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Jul 16, 2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 05:10 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
During 2005 Japan Shizuoka RC Model show, KYOSHO displayed their new 3D airplanes will their new custom made power system and new shape propeller ( which referance from GWS' design? ).

While during the demo flight, I saw the prop looks copy GWS!

I knew KYOSHO peoples for long time, so, I asked why they did that to GWS!

But the anser was given from the KYOSHO pilots: Sorry, Mr. Lin, this is not a copy of GWS, it's your!

Because they knew the performance of thrust come from GWS prop will be much better!

Many experinced owner of kit makers know that, with GWS props or EDF units go with their aiplanes will bring more thrust for them!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 05:33 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Choice an original instead of cheap clones should be respected!

For your referance about the result that I checked those clones and compared with GWS EDF unit:

Under light loading, the clones lost 10~20% thrust.

Under heavy loading, the clones even lost 20~30% thrust!

No wounder, a Hong Kong EDF Jets maker insist to use GWS EDF in their kits. The owner refused those clones even offered less cost for them!

I respect his wisdom choice!

More ever, choice an original instead of cheap clones that show this man's personality obviously different and should be respected!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:20 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Since I am such a supporter of buying official GWS products instead of clones.....

do I get a free P-40?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:27 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,852 Posts
when i was going through motors I saw a SIG brand motor looks like a copy of the GWS IPS motor just repackaged with a gws prop on it. and guess what it was 30 dollors. No Way am i going to get that I hate SIG
foam and tape is offline Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Jul 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
crazy builder
United States, CA, Santee
Joined May 2001
222 Posts
but mr lin you yourself are selling cheap clones of multiplex designs via grand distribution

do i detect a double standard here?

dont by gws copies but buy multiplex copies that you sell!!!!!!!

isn't this a case of do as i say not as i do?
flying_pig is offline Find More Posts by flying_pig
Old Jul 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
Are you kidding? Yes the Hawk looks like the Easy Glider, and the Jr Hawk looks like the Easy Star, but I seriously doubt they are direct copies. Planes can look similar (look at all the scale stuff out there) and still not be copies.

This is like saying the Slow Stick is a copy of the original series of Stik kits.

Now go look at the GuanLi models. They are molded EXACTLY like the GWS models. The biggest giveaway is the Corsair battery hatch. I would be willing to bet that if you dissected a GuanLi model, it would be a replica of the GWS mold.

You can't say the same for the models produced by Grand Distribution.

Pat