HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:28 AM
mark
blue mountains
Joined Sep 2006
1,725 Posts
how come i dont see a pilot in there??????? you know that it upsets me to see a plane with no pilot mark!!!!!!!!!
taxdodger is offline Find More Posts by taxdodger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,867 Posts
the sabre looks great Mark, was that the model using the corona rd820 rx ? Almost half the price of a JR610, with better performance.

Thanks for the great service, good prices and superfast response to emails btw.. good to have hobbyshops like yours in oz!
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:47 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,440 Posts
Hi OZ, thanks Yes that was with the Corona, I will post up a pic of where all the electronics are fitted so you can see the Rx position. Am really amazed at how good they are, will have to put up the price

The only tacky thing is the orange aerial they have chosen to fit on the new models! of course this will help to stop certain ppl from stepping on their RS77s aerials and ripping them off hehe.

I will get it all painted up and finished and hopefully this weekend will be nice and mild and we can get some video and pics of it.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:50 PM
mark
blue mountains
Joined Sep 2006
1,725 Posts
not only are there red hot goose's down south...but there are some up here who know how to "step" up to the plate as well...lol
Old Jul 31, 2007, 03:42 AM
Joined Sep 2005
2 Posts
Hi all,
Just tried out the new Corona RD820 Receiver from Extreem Rc. Great news for me. I've tried three or four other brands of Micro's and in this one, really, glitchy area have had a scare or two, but have had no problems with this one. Thanks Mark.

Craig.
Craig Hallett is offline Find More Posts by Craig Hallett
Old Jul 31, 2007, 06:49 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,440 Posts
31-07-2007: Updates have been done on the first posts, new stuff listed.

Glad to hear it has worked out Craig, I had a feeling you would be ok with the Corona.

Oh yes, was speaking to the factory yesterday and it appears there are problems with the RP4S1 synth Rx, looks like we wont be getting it for a while yet. I will be upping the range of GWS crystals over the next month or two so that using the RD820 will be easier for those who cannot source GWS or Futaba crystals elsewhere.
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Jul 31, 2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added info
Old Aug 01, 2007, 10:17 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,440 Posts
Important Update Concerning Gws

Just received an email from GWS about some big changes happening with their pricing and product lineup, the first of the changes below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS
Dear our valuable customers,
We will discontinue the ducted fan with brushed Motor for EDF55, EDF64, EDF75.
Also the airplane kit price will increase 20 ~ 30% for Formosa II, GWS-38, GWS-262, GWS-T6, GWS-190, GWS-40.
Current prices are valid until August 31st. We encourage you to place your order before August 31st.

So anyone contemplating the GWS kits please take note that I have only a few spare P40's and F15's coming in the next order, and have not even been told if these will come in under the old prices yet.
Old Aug 01, 2007, 10:23 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Hi Mark,

Do you bring in single conversion Rx crystals from GWS - I need a couple of micro (to suit the GWS 6ch Rx) on 641.

Graham
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Aug 01, 2007, 10:31 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,440 Posts
Your crystals are already on the current order Graham, don't you remember ordering them?? I sent the order through on the 20th, still waiting for a PI and ETD!
Old Aug 01, 2007, 10:36 PM
mark
blue mountains
Joined Sep 2006
1,725 Posts
what the f.......!!!!

mark can you explain what this means to me?

looks like i need one of those p40 kits as well b4 the price goes up!!!!!!!
Old Aug 04, 2007, 07:31 AM
Switching to guns
Joined Dec 2006
1,261 Posts
Mark,

any chance of some assistance with a 90mm EDF power system?

Ive purchased a big scale Raptor, and i will need about 1.8kgs thrust as a minimum.

Also, i will need a single 75mm setup for my F16.

Can you help on these mate?
BpwrJet is offline Find More Posts by BpwrJet
Old Aug 04, 2007, 10:26 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,440 Posts
Do not know what it will mean to kit prices in the future dodger, I can say that the current order being processed is at the original pricing, it will be interesting to see what happens when they bump the prices 20-30%.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 10:29 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,440 Posts
Chris:, I have had a look at the thread on that raptor and I have alot of good data on the supplied chinese fan, I have a good setup that cuts alot of expensive corners and puts out almost 2kg thrust with a 220+kmh eflux, its going to be up to you to get the inlet shape and setup as efficient as possible as the design of the fuse sucks a bit

Figures we are talking are PQ4250LP 6s1p running a 540 size inrunner at around 53 amps and 21 volts for 1100 watts and lots of grunt! 80A Titan OPTO esc. Cost around $430.00 based on using the supplied fan.

The alternatives are all based on the $90.00 wemotec midi fan and a MEGA motor with PQ5000XP 5s1p, this setup will produce a bit more thrust but not really enough to justify the extra 90g battery weight needed and the cost runs up to $770.00 for fan, motor, battery, ESC! crazy stuff!

I will need to make up some new shafts for balancing that rotor but thats no big deal, you better start a build thread on this and post up some pics for the locals, will be interesting to say the least!
Old Aug 05, 2007, 04:00 AM
mark
blue mountains
Joined Sep 2006
1,725 Posts
what type of speed are we talking with this bad boy?

looks like there will be a new man with the fastest edf....lol
Old Aug 08, 2007, 03:36 AM
Model Madness
Joined Mar 2007
438 Posts
Hey Mark,any word on the P40's?mate i want this thing to scream and easy to hand launch.What have you got in mind for power systems????
ben weir is offline Find More Posts by ben weir