HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:47 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
Corona RD820 Series II receivers arrived today, I know there are quite a few ppl waiting for these so I figure best to let everyone know asap.

I did a brief test today with TowerPro and castle creations speed controllers and it appears they have fixed the issue of the throttle channel not working with some ESC's. The DN Power ESC's never had a problem with running on the lower voltage of channel number 1 but alot of ESC's out there would not run on the RD820.

Testing the throttle cut shows it works, turn off your tx with the motor running and she shuts down in 3 seconds. Range appears to be good and the flight in a brushless ultrastick showed no glitching issues.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Jul 16, 2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spellin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:34 AM
Joined Oct 2003
468 Posts
Wow, nice
bernoo is offline Find More Posts by bernoo
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:12 AM
Molded Hotliner Destroyer
Perth, Australia
Joined Jul 2004
1,720 Posts
Any news on the synth ones?
Magnum9 is online now Find More Posts by Magnum9
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:53 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
They are still in manufacturing mode Magnum, been putting them back week after week now... I was told end of July, fingers crossed we will get them by then.

I will fly the new RD820-II this weekend and see how it goes in both conventional brushless and EDF. The EDF test is the big one, as its getting bloody expensive to have R770's and RS77s receivers in planes!
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:30 AM
Learner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
51 Posts
Are you planning on bringing in the RD620?

Also, could you check whether or not the motor will shut off when radio signal is lost (eg. turn off Tx).

I have found that the V1 RD620 that I have will let the motor keep going until the TX is turned back on and throttle stick moved down.
MADXF is offline Find More Posts by MADXF
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:32 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
I will try that MADXF and let everyone know.

No point bringing in the 6 channel one, the actual price difference is so small its not worth it. Almost no difference in size either.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:57 AM
Learner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
51 Posts
Fair enough, I just didnt like the idea of having two unused channels, but I see the weight increase is next to nothing.

I have been buying them from UH like most others, but who knows when they are getting their next delivery, so I might have to get a couple from you. I've got a discount code for a credit on a backorder I cancelled with them so I guess I'll have to find something else to buy from them for US$17.95

Next question is though, do you have 36.170 Rx crystals?

Cheers.
Paul.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
No I am trying to get the crystal range sorted over the weekend, the ones I have are listed on the website. You can use the futaba crystals in them, they are Corona's first choice for crystal, GWS is the second. I am going to put a larger order in for crystals on Monday so hopefully will have most of the range in a few weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:52 AM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
Looks like I have to get a new 36MHz Rx or two to tide me over while my DX7 is adrift on the high seas. You don't sell dual conversion Tx xtals by any chance?
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:01 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
is that a trick question? Your standard Tx will drive all FM receivers whether single or dual conv, all you need is the crystal to suit the Rx. unless I am going completely mad...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:26 PM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
Really? I've never used dual conversion, but my understanding was you needed a matching xtal in the Tx. Guess I was wrong. Oh well, makes life easier. Do you have any Tx xtals at all? You don't have my freq in the dual conversion Rx xtals and I need a change to avoid some clashes anyway.
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:34 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
No I dont have Tx crystals, you can use the GWS ones but I have heard the range is reduced so personally I would not recommend it, best thing is to take the list of xtals I have and see if you can get a Tx crystal in a local shop.

Flew the new RD820 today, no issues at all in the UltraStick, and Chris flew an RD820 in his depron EDF "space shuttle" he knocked up, running on 4 cells with the ESC sitting right next to the Rx, no glitches. Things are looking very promising for these little Rx's.

Oh yeah, did the Tx shutdown test, ran the throttle up to about half and shut off the Tx, the motor shut down after 3 seconds, so that is another added feature of the new models.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:42 PM
Learner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
51 Posts
Excellent to see the new models shut the motor off, its a bit of a worry with the V1 models.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:23 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,358 Posts
Post 2 & 3 updated with weekly new arrivals and weekly specials.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
Model Madness
Joined Mar 2007
438 Posts
Hey Mark don't forget my spitfire?
ben weir is offline Find More Posts by ben weir