HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:44 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,475 Posts
Don't try to blame the accident for your screwed-up head!!

Hope you're back with the family soon.
dro56595@bigpo is online now Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Thanks guys, lying in the Alfred right now been op'd on yesterday arvo.
Got concussion, fractured nose, lacerations from the helmet (lol mick) and detached ligament in lower neck. Not the best week so far! 3 weeks in brace to
immobilize neck so won't be doing much work (which will be hard) and concussion is the worst thing, really screws with your head.

Business on hold for a few weeks at least
Bloody hell Mark! I have to say when you do something, you do it properly! I hope you were trying to jump a massive gap or something else cool, not just getting the bike out of the car Do you have to stay in with the brace on? Hopefully you get to go home for christmas. Wherever you are hope you have a great day with your family. Your son is going to think you're pretty cool when he's old enough to hear the story, especially if you have a few scars to prove it!
aerophilia is online now Find More Posts by aerophilia
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:17 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,679 Posts
Ouch, Ouch, Oh, < Je, Son of a, No ....... kind of a moment
That sounds like it really hurts Mark. If I was in Oz I'd have to send you a few bottles of something...
Well sits still, we'll all still be here so get well, and take your time.... don't want you to do that again.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:16 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the thoughts, am healing up well, should be back to normal in February, and fully healed neck wise by March.

Am busy updating the website and doing mundane stuff while I am 'restricted' in my activities

Ok some new things being added, JET TENG's new 120mm Viperjet is now on the website and available to order. This is a BIIIIG model, 1840mm wingspan and 1700mm long, I am talking with JTM right now about doing an intake section to suit my Extreme Alloy 127mm Ramtec fan, I reckon the viper should scoot along with 12s and 8kg thrust, should fairly scream on the 14s 10+kg setup I know its been out a few months but I wanted to wait and make sure any bugs etc were sorted first.

I will consider building a demo version of this soon as I am well enough to handle heavy things, its either this or the new TOPGUN 127mm EDF Mirage that is also coming soon hmmm lots of nice big jets for 2013.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:02 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,641 Posts
Hi Mark
I had my bike crash in November and couldnt get out of bed for a week but luckily just bruised and nothing broken, but I sypathise with you. I havent beent back on my bike since, though got it repaired just before xmas. The Frsky X9D is apparently due out in March. Can you get one in for me as would like to buy thru you if possible, but I do need it as soon as its released!

Take it easy, chris
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:16 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Hey Chris, my bike didnt have a scratch! cept for the bent seat which I think hit me in the back causing the neck issue...

I cannot say if I will bother making the effort to c-tick a Tx and bring it in, HK will have it for sale at my cost price for sure, just like all the other FrSKy stuff, they buy up big and get 20% off the wholesale, the rest of us cannot do that so are stuck. I hardly sell any FrSKY now and only keep some of it on hand as I use it in my own radio. Unfortunate situation. Isnt the new Tx just a W-Fly 9 chan unit?
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:58 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1,232 Posts
Hi Mark, If no supplier C-ticks the radio is it correct that it would not then be certified and covered by the MAAA.

I understand reluctance of Australian suppliers wanting to bring them in given the likes HK and lower wholesale cost. But as the end consumer what can we do to support local businesses? How can we influence manufacturers to allow you price match overseas dealers like HK were on certification is needed
AUSELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:02 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Without writing a thesis on it, world commerce cannot be sustained using the HK model. Factory direct sales wont work long term. Everyone who works for a company big or small in Australia is paid from the profit the company makes, if everyone wants factory direct prices then the companies will have to cut profits in half, wages have to follow. Our biggest problem is wages and costs are way too high compared to the rest of the west, and at the same time we are getting used to buying things at factory pricing but without consciously understanding the long term ramifications of this.

HK buys its brands in bulk, huge bulk, FrSKY orders are 20K++, they get 20% discount on the wholesale, they can then sell the gear a buck over wholesale and still make their 20%. There is no way anyone in OZ is going to buy 20K of FrSKY and then ship it over, clear it through customs, c-tick it, warranty it and market it for anything less than 35-50% margin.

I stopped magazine advertising, stopped paying 100's a month to forums as a sponsor, and this allows me to keep prices as low as possible and still survive, I can tell you though it would be far better $$ if I went back out into the workplace!

So unfortunately you and I can do nothing, the manufacturers wont take any notice as they are $$$ driven only, and while there may be a dozen or two vocal people who say 'I will buy one' there needs to be sales in the 100's to justify it, and right now the way the world is I would not risk being stuck with unsaleable stock.

As for c-tick I never looked into tx's and dont think I ever asked the acma about an overseas Tx with a local complied module, you might want to call them up and enquire.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:20 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2007
17 Posts
I don't know if the FRSKY X9D upcoming transmitter is a WFLY unit but this is all the info I could find:

http://www.microtechnics.eu/detail.p...qhs9srbd8g2ig7

I would like to get one of these as soon as they are available too.

As the AUS distributor I was hoping you would have it available when it comes out.

Even if you plan not to stock them, maybe you could get a few samples for evaluation and then I could help you out with the evaluation (hint hint)
armag is offline Find More Posts by armag
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:23 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Super SALE on 700 series 8mm shaft motors

Hey guys, I have all the 8mm shaft 700 series motors on sale for the next month, grab them while stocks last!!
http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i..._page=specials

I can also supply 8mm CS12-90 shaft adapters for those who want to run this in the 90mm CS12 fan but only have a 5mm adapter, not sure how many I have left, but there are a few there.

Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:49 AM
Australia, VIC, Wodonga
Joined Dec 2007
253 Posts
Seems like the place to ask, Want to give EDF a go, any ideas on a first aircraft? got a nice flat smooth runway if that helps. And something with a bit of speed would be nice.
mts247 is offline Find More Posts by mts247
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:01 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Well these days its quite affordable to set up a 90mm Topgun foamie, and the size and handling is of great benefit when starting in EDF. The Hawk or L39 is an excellent choice as they fly great, and land like trainers. MIG15 also a big trainer but more work in building and getting it right, the Hawk and L39 are very conventional in their construction and are much easier to get into the air.
Hawk is the biggest, 1.4m wingspan, removable wing, takes topgun retracts, and with a mid level 6s setup will do a good 160kmh. Can go faster of course, all depends on how far you want to go and what gear you have on hand that can be used with the model. Best to email me direct at extremerc.com.au and give me a rundown of what batteries, radio etc you have on hand, then I can give you a package idea that will get you smiling
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:10 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Photo from a customer of mine who runs drag cars, just ran at last weeks nationals with a RACE series battery, got top qualifying at 92mph, 1.54 seconds
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:21 AM
Professional UAV Services
Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,527 Posts
nice pic
Redemptioner is offline Find More Posts by Redemptioner
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:29 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Hey guys, updates on stock situation.

FrSKY:
JR module sets have come in, Rx's are in stock, and some telemetry gear is also in stock.

Batteries:
Still waiting on the order placed mid February, battery shipping is becoming a real issue now and delays are only going to get longer from the looks of it.