Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:14 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
VECTOR updates

Next shipment of vectors has landed, should start picking them up tomorrow. Plenty available in this shipment as I ordered alot more ARF kits. Only 2 airframes left at present, had a run on them over the weekend.

I have finished building my test Vector but the weather was terrible yesterday and no better today, squall winds which I dont want to risk a new model in, I dont have the time to build much right now let alone rebuild!!

So here it is, a few pics, the setup as follows:
New Extreme 64mm custom fan with wemo rotor
ARC2848-1 inrunner
LIGHTNING 80A ESC
RACE 2600mah 4s1p 40c lipo
5 Batan B1122 BB servos

The Vector builds easy, the only mods I am going to do are carbon rods in the elevator stabs as they are a little flimsy, and closing down the exhaust outlet as its a little big right now at 100% FSA, need to bring it down to 90%. I will test the efflux though before I cut n shut it just to get some before and after figures.

Power of this setup is just over 1000 watts for 1370 grams of thrust nose down on the scales, and with the correct exhaust an efflux of 322kmh! Should go pretty well
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:35 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Cant wait to see how it goes. Did you cut down the wemo rotor?
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:48 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
More Vectors have arrived, there is at least 10 left after all the backorders are filled, some red, blue and green on hand.

HET 240-15 motors are back in stock, these are the ones for the Microfan, to go into all the micro jets coming out from J-power. 27A on 3 cells for a pound of thrust and some pretty decent performance!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:10 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
Vector updates

Well I finally got the fly the vector yesterday, awesome fun!! After sorting out the little issues I got a couple of great flights in on the RACE 2600mah 40c packs, this thing is fast for a 64mm fan Close to 120mph I feel, hopefully someone can get some doppler off the video.

As for video, trying to edit it right now but videostudio X2 Pro keeps crashing! Nitro where are you?? You been using this program right?? Never had a problem with it till last night, every time I try to edit the vid it closes the program down....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:21 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
New DAGO-Red racing glider

Hows this for a sleek new Race glider! The new DAGO-RED is a 1200mm span composite glider, full glass fuselage and Abachi sheeted foam core wings, comes finished just as the picture shows, and is designed for 28mm inrunner motors.

The standard setup is based on 2600Kv or so and 3 cells. Factory claims up to 200kmh so I can imagine what a hot HET or ARC setup will do in this sleek little machine!

First shipment leaves the factory tomorrow I am told, so we should see them Monday next week! They are up on the website HERE

The DAGO comes from the Topgun Hobby stable, Ricky was the main designer and partner at flyfly and I have known and worked with him since 2007.
When he went out on his own early this year I planned to relaunch his range of 90mm foam jets but things just kept getting in the way.

I have now sufficiently cleared my backlog of old kits and will be slowly adding the 90mm airframes back into the Extreme RC lineup. They will be under the Extreme RC label and will come standard with Wemotec Midifan PRO conversion kits and a few little mods and additions that I developed back in 2007-2009 on the FlyFly models.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:30 AM
Unregistered User
Australia, VIC, Knoxfield
Joined Oct 2008
1,565 Posts
Mark....I like the look of that Dago....I'm interested..
Sticky Mickey is offline Find More Posts by Sticky Mickey
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:22 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
Hey Mick, yeah its pretty cool, fairly light too so should be good in summer breezes. The first shipment is leaving tomorrow, so I will have them Monday.

I think a 3W with the supplied prop should be a good 3 cell setup, I managed to get them with 4.7 square folding props and alloy spinners. They murdered me on the spinner price but needed to have a matching set available for the initial batch of kits, I can order the correct one from the spinner factory once I see it in the flesh.

I can get any of the glider range from the DAGO right up to the 4m DG808S-E monster. Smaller models like the ASW28-E set up for electric is a pretty nice 2.5m sailplane, or the DG1000-E.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:31 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
I forgot about the other new slope glider Ricky has just released, the ROCKET-15, a full composite with HN354sr airfoil. Cost will be around $330.00 from the looks of it.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:39 AM
and Gordon
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
271 Posts
Dago-red

Hey Mark I like the look of the Dago.... put me down as interested....with a good setup I could give Jakes Pylon a run
Dale
Dale/Jake is offline Find More Posts by Dale/Jake
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:46 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
No worries Dale, will be able to drop it down at PP if you want one.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 08:33 PM
oh cr#p where's my chippy.
melbourne vic australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,504 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm............I like the dago!
matt14 is offline Find More Posts by matt14
Old Sep 01, 2010, 09:08 PM
Melbourne (Sth East Suburbs)
Joined Jun 2007
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt14 View Post
Hmmmmmmmm............I like the dago!
Stay away from it Matt, its too slow for you!!
kevtherev is offline Find More Posts by kevtherev
Old Sep 02, 2010, 02:56 AM
oh cr#p where's my chippy.
melbourne vic australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtherev View Post
Stay away from it Matt, its too slow for you!!

It might be too fast for me!!!! i havent flown in months! Ive probably forgotten how to fly!
matt14 is offline Find More Posts by matt14
Old Sep 02, 2010, 02:59 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,443 Posts
You wouldnt want to be flying your big stuff down at the bog right now anyway Something like this that can land on the nice grass in the centre is just what you need LOL
Old Sep 02, 2010, 03:32 AM
and Gordon
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
271 Posts
Dago

OK Mark let me know when you get them in I would like to have a look at one and can you bring a motor and ESC to suit (fast one)......if it looks as good as the picture I'll have one
Dale/Jake is offline Find More Posts by Dale/Jake