SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 01, 2007, 08:29 PM
Newport, NC
Joined Jun 2007
68 Posts
Rave
Ritewing Tl 50

HELLO just wanted to tell everyone about my exper. with CHRIS KLICK THE MAN .I met him at SEFF 2007 LOVED IT. AS SOON as I got to the gate at SEFF, all you could hear were the TL40s on 7c. It was AWESOME!!! He was very personable, took time out of flying to talk to everyone. As soon as I got home I ordered a TL40 and 50 with out hesitating. The 50 is up in the air and the 40 is almost there. I have been flying now for over 3 years and have owned and sold over 200 planes....THIS by far is the BEST!!! My favorite used to be the Viper 500 which ran 123(clocked) now sold. TL50 has taken top spot.
Throughout the building process I have called him a billion times and e-mailed...and I want you to know that he has helped me every time. Chris could not have been more helpful. To me that means a lot! To anyone looking for a FAST very responsive wing $ is the only thing between you and SPEED! I have never seen anything so smooth go soooooo fast! Great job CK, keep up the good work man.
Tim Nunn
Pilot Tim Nunn is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Tim Nunn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2007, 10:03 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Hey Tim, did you get my pm?
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
Old Jul 01, 2007, 10:22 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Is'nt he great! You could call him a hundred times in a day, and ask the stupidest questions, but he'd still answer the phone and be nice and helpful! Top notch Dude!
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jul 03, 2007, 08:38 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
Hey Tim, did you get my pm?
Hey Joekoz,
nope. what's up?
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Jul 03, 2007, 09:42 AM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Hi Tim. I was referring to Tim Nunn. He was asking for a Ritewing Tee. I have 1 left. How's it goin' twilkers?
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:31 AM
Phoenix
Joined Aug 2006
175 Posts
Joekoz, if/when you make more Ritewing tees, let me know. I'd be interested...

I met CK for the first time last week when I picked up two custom spankers and saw his shop. Needless to say I'll be back for more. Awesome guy and very informative. Can't wait to get my spankers flying!
sloonz is offline Find More Posts by sloonz
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:44 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoz
Hi Tim. I was referring to Tim Nunn. He was asking for a Ritewing Tee. I have 1 left. How's it goin' twilkers?
oops, sorry. things are going good. taking thurs/friday off this week. hopefully I can maiden by TL50. I know, I know, I've been slacking. I did find a deal on a radar gun though for $80.

I have to chime in similarly regarding the help I've gotten from CK. He's always got time on the phone or on line to convey his experience and answer questions. Really, it's what this hobby is all about!
Last edited by twilkers; Jul 03, 2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2007, 01:30 PM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
I cant agree more. He and I have become friends over this last year. He always has time. His passion is infectious (err..expensive ) What a good guy. THANKS CK!!!!
Old Jul 05, 2007, 10:35 PM
Newport, NC
Joined Jun 2007
68 Posts
whats up yes i did get ur pm i need x large let me know when u get some please thanks tim nunn sorry it took so long to get back to u busy with our fun fly
Pilot Tim Nunn is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Tim Nunn
Old Jul 08, 2007, 07:15 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
TL50 powerplant

got a quick one for seasoned TL50 owners.

ran a couple sets of batts through today, it was good. The first two flights lulled me into what seems to be a false sense of security. It's not quite trimmed out yet, and I was working on a low high speed pass to check out my new $80 radar gun. CK warned me about the speed being deceptive, but when you're stoked you keep going. It got a little squirrelly on me and I smacked it on the runway, bending the shaft on my mr-28-040-2500. No damage other than road rash on the airframe. Certainly a tribute to the Rite construction.

I just happen to have a het3w and a het4w on the bench for another project. trying to figure out which to use. I'm thinking the 4w (2250kv) with 7x5e as opposed to the 3w(3000kv). 4S 3700, cc80.

suggestions?
Old Jul 08, 2007, 07:20 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Use the 6/4 tim on the 4w if u go with the 7/5 it will smokie the motor.Keep her in the air bro.

ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jul 08, 2007, 09:32 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Use the 6/4 tim on the 4w if u go with the 7/5 it will smokie the motor.Keep her in the air bro.

ck
thanks Chris. yeah, if it's in the air maybe i won't bend this one. LOL