HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2007, 03:54 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3 Posts
Help!
help needed.futaba field force 6 computer

hi all, i was wondering if anybody has a manual or instructions to operate a futaba field force 6 t6x as i cant get it to work my plane i have matched the xtals and still get nothing ive tried futaba site for manuals but they say its discontinued, please help somebody..........
scosha37 is offline Find More Posts by scosha37
Last edited by scosha37; Jun 29, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:02 PM
Midlands, UK
Joined Jun 2004
1,332 Posts
Look here at the 6XA or 6XAS depending on how old your FF6 is (3 model memories or 6)

http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html
--
Steve
GlowFly is offline Find More Posts by GlowFly
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
What source for your TX and RX crystals? What brand and model RX?

There's a few things that could be going on.

A Hitech TX crystal will not work in a Futaba TX. You can't depend on any brand swapping when using crystals to work. (and in the US its technicly illegal to swap TX crystals without having a tunning check done, even if replacing with the same brand, same frequency crystal)

Also you can't depend on a crystal swap using a different brand's crystal in an RX to work. The crystal brand for the RX needs to be the RX maker's, not the TX maker's. (but its legal to swap RX crystals all you want in the US)

AND... in the US, on 72 mhz, Futaba uses "negative shift" while JR uses "Positive shift" A Futaba TX on 72 mhz generally won't work with a JR RX. Most other RX makers make RX's in both shifts. But you have to buy the right one... GWS labels their RX's "F"or "J" recognizing that its the Futaba vs JR incompatibility. Hitech only marks their RX's when they are JR compatible, since Hitech used to only come in the Futaba compatible version.

And thats just the problems possible due to crystals and freuency shifting...
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Jun 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3 Posts
hi steve thankyou very much for your help i got the manual cheerze mate.....
scosha37 is offline Find More Posts by scosha37
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
Joined Nov 2008
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosha37
hi all, i was wondering if anybody has a manual or instructions to operate a futaba field force 6 t6x as i cant get it to work my plane i have matched the xtals and still get nothing ive tried futaba site for manuals but they say its discontinued, please help somebody..........
Pehaps I can help. I use a 6X super, and have scanned in the manual; this consists of 62 pages of scuffed, oil soaked but usually legible stuff, currently in 8 bit 256 colour jpg at 300-600KB to each page. This is a lot of data to send, but I got one page down to a 1 bit tif of less than 100KB - still a 6MB-odd send, but possible on my line. If this is any use to you I could try to reduce the rest and send it on.

Let me know if wanted, and where to send it.

SS
Satch Stone is offline Find More Posts by Satch Stone