HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,879 Posts
Wish I could right now,,, But big hospital bill to pay down first... Wife's orders! Still would like a picture.
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,471 Posts
Absolutely :-))
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Wish I could right now,,, But big hospital bill to pay down first... Wife's orders! Still would like a picture.
Yeah, ESC was jacked up, I sent it to Castle.

The plane and motor are fine.

PM me your email and I will send you all the pics.

It might be around for a while, I will be busy the next couple weeks, as well as trying to coordinate a flight to Atlanta and ride from there to Americus for SEFF.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:22 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Clevedon
Joined Jun 2007
125 Posts
Can anyone give me details of a good mid power inrunner for the Absolute ?

Cheers

DM
FlyingKiwi22 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingKiwi22
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:07 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi22 View Post
Can anyone give me details of a good mid power inrunner for the Absolute ?

Cheers

DM
Geared or Direct Drive?

How many cells do you want to run?

What size prop do you want to turn?
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 04:58 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Clevedon
Joined Jun 2007
125 Posts
Was looking to go direct drive with an inrunner 3 or 4s and prop to suit
FlyingKiwi22 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingKiwi22
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 12:45 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi22 View Post
Was looking to go direct drive with an inrunner 3 or 4s and prop to suit
Look at HET 39mm inrunners. There are many different kv options to swing many different size props on 4s.


You can go higher kv (1800ish) and swing a 7x9

Or if you want to go with a folder, you can go with a lower kv (1000-1400) and swing a 11x7~ prop.

I used to run 5S with a 7x9 (ARC 36/55/1.5) That was an impressive setup.

I would go HET though, they have better quality motors.

If you want pay, Mega and Neu has 36mm options too.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 01:03 PM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Inrunners direct drive - Not a good idea for this sorta setup. Aint got no torque and efficiency will suffer (as well have having lack lustre performance) . If you want direct drive (ie cheaper) use an outrunner, if you want performance use a geared inrunner.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 02:57 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Inrunners direct drive - Not a good idea for this sorta setup. Aint got no torque and efficiency will suffer (as well have having lack lustre performance) . If you want direct drive (ie cheaper) use an outrunner, if you want performance use a geared inrunner.
Not a good idea for this sorta setup??
The powerplant is the setup, not the airframe.


It takes a lot of watts for awesome performance, but it's a great cheap alternative.

You can always replace it with a geared setup down the road......

....if you feel like dropping $600 on an ESC and motor
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 03:48 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Not a good idea for this sorta setup??
The powerplant is the setup, not the airframe.


It takes a lot of watts for awesome performance, but it's a great cheap alternative.

You can always replace it with a geared setup down the road......

....if you feel like dropping $600 on an ESC and motor
How about a 200USD combo of motor/gear/esc and Lipo?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 03:54 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
How about a 200USD combo of motor/gear/esc and Lipo?
By all means recommend it.

I know you have a cheap alternative, but I don't know what it is.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
By all means recommend it.

I know you have a cheap alternative, but I don't know what it is.
Yes you do...

See posts #184, #186 and #193 here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...511438&page=13

Don't know how durable the setup is yet, since only 14 flights have been logged so far. No problems so far and the temps upon landing are acceptable. You could wait until the autumn and ask me again how it's holding up if you don't want to part with 24 dollars for the motor and 30 dollars for the ESC on chance, or just go for it...
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 02:39 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Clevedon
Joined Jun 2007
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Look at HET 39mm inrunners. There are many different kv options to swing many different size props on 4s.


You can go higher kv (1800ish) and swing a 7x9

Or if you want to go with a folder, you can go with a lower kv (1000-1400) and swing a 11x7~ prop.

I used to run 5S with a 7x9 (ARC 36/55/1.5) That was an impressive setup.

I would go HET though, they have better quality motors.

If you want pay, Mega and Neu has 36mm options too.
Thanks for help guys,

I have a 36mm inrunner and it fouls in the nose and wont bolt up to the firewall has to be smaller diameter motor....
I'm now starting to think this was made for a gearbox and motor.
Only reason I was think of going do the direct drvie route was cost.....
FlyingKiwi22 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingKiwi22
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 06:48 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi22 View Post
Thanks for help guys,

I have a 36mm inrunner and it fouls in the nose and wont bolt up to the firewall has to be smaller diameter motor....
I'm now starting to think this was made for a gearbox and motor.
Only reason I was think of going do the direct drvie route was cost.....
They are made for geared motors. I flew them direct drve for almost 2 years before I could afford a proven geared setup.

I would talk to Arctery, he has a good cheap setup. Judging from his videos, the performance is great.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:55 PM
Registered User
hybris's Avatar
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
745 Posts
Cooling holes or not? I am just about to maiden my Absolute and was wondering about cooling holes. I hate to cut the fuse and weaken it. I did 7, 2 sec bursts on the ground and thing got good and hot. Neu 1509/1.5D, CC200, 4s lipo, GM 17.5x17.5. 3862W static (278 amps)
hybris is offline Find More Posts by hybris
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools