SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 28, 2007, 02:23 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Rave
All Things That Fly Podcast - Now live!!

Now available!

All Things That Fly Podcast!

Your hosts JustPlaneChris, Burke and Diggs.
Talking to the leaders in the industry, giving tips and tricks / Mods and how-to's. Giving the Plane addict something to listen too while the plane is down.
Plan on 1 podcast release a week!

You can subscribe via iTunes, download directly, or grab the RSS for the geeks.

Let us know how we are doing!
contactATAllThingsThatfly.com
allthingsthatfly.com
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Last edited by GFBurke; Sep 23, 2007 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I love my SSX, and miss it . Have one being built for me by a bud and just ordered a replacement from James. Going to get the ARF to match my Micro also.

With all that being said, it really depends on what you like to fly. It feels like a very big plane in the air and it can go fast, but its not going to 3D and do maneuvers like your Ty. Its just a big high flying plane with good control. I just picked up a How High altimeter module so I can see just what my altitude is next time I fly one. If you want a fast plane that you can toss around, this isn't it. If you want a big relaxing plane to fly that can go fast with the right motor/prop and fly really high, and handles like a large plane, then this is it.

Now, if you want a quick flyer that can do some moves and is tiny, the Micro SSX is great. I love flying it, don't need a big space and can handle wind better than you would think. Still not a 3d bird, but she can boogie.

Start with a cheap standard slow stick, try it out. If you like it, but want more control, then jump on an SSX. The SSX basic kit uses all the GWS parts less the wing and tail anyway, unless you just wanna buy an ARF kit from James. If you don't like the SS, then I doubt you will care much for a SSX either. When I don't want to stress out with the Ty or the Yak 55, I toss out the SSX and just kick back and buzz her around. The Micro is kinda relaxing, no worries with it in the air it is easy to fly, but can get away from you fast so you have to watch it, but still more relaxing than a Ty.

Diggs
Diggs is online now Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jul 22, 2007, 06:12 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Red left for OshKosh today. He is going for work, but should still have time for some fun as well. I hope he has a chance to either do a show from there, or brings back lots of cool info about the show. So I suspect that will be one of our next topics

I just got in my Extra Stiffy!!! but haven't had a chance to build it this weekend. Too many chores around the house (it looked more like a hobby shop before this weekend) I am sure we will make mention of it on the next show as well. Red had the original version and really liked it. I got it per his recommendation, so for his sake it better rock

Burke, I think you would like that plane. It is durable and profiles are a blast.

Diggs
Diggs is online now Find More Posts by Diggs