HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,443 Posts
Discussion
It's a boy...no...it's a girl...

...no it's twins! There is no one here to play with so Captain Sunshine and I have started our own RC club in lovely Millbrook Alabama.

Yesterday the Nirvana Twins arrived. Real purty ain’t they?
This is my first sailboat and Sunshines first boat) …seems I’m doing it backwards….I built the schooner first. Anyway we can’t wait to race each other. Now I have to figure out a way for the tug to tow out and retrieve buoys.

The Nirvana II‘s were purchased from http://sailrcnirvana.com/

I ordered on Monday and they arrived on Wednesday…two days! The boats look fine but I’m not sure if I will like the radio. The sail winch stick is not ratcheted and is too easy to move.

I also got the new ship yard up and running so I can get back to work. Today Captain Sunshine’s Bristol Bay is due to arrive. Seems we went from a one boat operation to a 5 boat fleet in a couple of weeks. Life is good!

Captain Slick

"Always choose the lesser of the two weevils!"
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:31 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,405 Posts
Arrr, surely ye olde hardened pirate is turning into a softy racer!!?

Nice pair though. I trust they come pretty much ready to sail?

Im planning on making the reverse trip. Racer turning to scale sail.

Barry
rcminiman is online now Find More Posts by rcminiman
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
hoggy take the radios and remove the spring out of the sail stick,
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:14 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost 2501
hoggy take the radios and remove the spring out of the sail stick,

The sail servo stick has no spring, only the rudder does. It is so loose if ya tilt the radio up and down the stick moves up and down on its own. It needs a ratchet or at least some sort of binding device to keep it in place. I will open it up tonight and take a look inside to see if there is anything I can tighten or otherwise screw up!

Captain Slick
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:01 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
couple of plastic washers? my B-square radio has no ratchet and when desprung, it too is loose, so i have decided that when i have it back, I may take the radio out of one of my other boats and swap over. (MAY do) as the radio is not of terrible quality
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:41 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,495 Posts
I use my R/C car transmitters with my yachts with the spring still on the 'sail stick'... as without a spring, the sticks will waggle by themselves - just as Captain Slick said...

For those that want to, it is easy to reduce stick tension by simply stretching the spring a little... and refitting it.
Get it right - and the stick will stay where you leave it without waggling.
About a 1/4" stretch...

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64