HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:41 AM
Joined Jun 2006
127 Posts
Discussion
Best Ways mounting servo on camera as trigger??

Guys,

I am haven't problem with mounting the servo on my Nikon L10. Sometime it click, so time the it didn't fire. Can someone show me some ways of mounting the servo on the camera?
jascamera is offline Find More Posts by jascamera
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:55 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
Here are a few threads which may give you some ideas...

Yet another removeable servo trigger mount
Lets see pics of your servo trigger

Here's a Google Search Link for more threads...

-Roger
RMihara is offline Find More Posts by RMihara
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:50 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,227 Posts
Here're some of mine

For my Casio EX-Z750. A small servo was epoxied to the metal above the shutter button. Worked very well.

For my Panasonic LX1 (which I returned shortly after buying it). Again had a small servo epoxied above the shutter button.

On my Logo 10 helicopter. This small servo was glued and ty-wrapped to a piece of aluminium, bent such the servo was positioned over the shutter button. Has worked absolutely flawlessly. A small rubber 'grommet' was glued to the end of the servo arm so the shutter button wouldn't be marked.

On my mast. Here two servos have been CA'd to an aluminium bracket that sits under the entire camera. One servo activates the shutter and one the zoom. Have had no problems with this system either. A small blob of hot-melt glued was put on the end of the shutter servo arm so the shutter button wouldn't be marked.

As with all servo-mounts which are separate to the camera, it's important that the camera is located accurately under the shutter button before being fixed in place.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Cheers,

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:58 AM
Baytown, Tx
Joined Jun 2007
316 Posts
Here's my setup, EXTREMELY simple and seems to be reliable on the ground, not one misfire. Hopefully this afternoon I will have my first aerials!

APdude07 is online now Find More Posts by APdude07
Old Jun 28, 2007, 05:56 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
I wrapped the camera in a plastic bag, smeared some PU glue on a piece of depron foam and placed this on top of the camera, held down by a weight.

When the glue had expanded and dried, I peeled off the bag and trimmed the foam and glue until I was left with a small plate that exactly fitted the top of the camera. The servo is glued to this, and fixed to the camera with rubber bands.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:42 PM
Joined May 2005
794 Posts
i dont mount servo to camera but i mount it to the piece of wood that is used to hold the camera to the plane...it sits just above the switch and works everytime....i have a slow stick with a mount built out of paint stir sticks that i copied from someone on this site...
zakstang is offline Find More Posts by zakstang
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:09 PM
Joined Jun 2006
127 Posts
Thanks a lot guys. I choose to make this trigger
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537502

Like be able to take it off anytime.
jascamera is offline Find More Posts by jascamera
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:15 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
anyone who has an A620/640 I will modify the camera to accept an electronic switch for $50 including return shipping.

pm me if interested.

here's how I did my Nikon D40X

Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member