HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:08 PM
Joined May 2007
18 Posts
Discussion
BCX2 Spins faster one way than the other(video)

Is there any way to correct this?
Got the SPINS!
Just so you know, I brought the throttle up to about the same for each direction. I had it just below lift off on mine, about half throttle(with only one "wing" spinning, not both).
I have tried adjusting the gain(I think that's it?), but then ofcourse it spins in flight with the trim on the tx tagged out.
Thanks,
-Adam
If you want you can check out my airshow vids too, just some Blue Angel stuff.
Blue1
Blue3 FatAlbert
Blue2
Krash3k is offline Find More Posts by Krash3k
Last edited by Krash3k; Jun 27, 2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Title/ Changed fast to faster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:08 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
I do not know why but my CX2 does the same. Blur fast spin to the right and much slower yaw to the left.

Oh, and the Blue Angels are awesome.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:51 AM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
404 Posts
My Hirobo will do the same thing if my blades are not trimmed correctly. The pitch needs to be adjusted to correct the problem.
gear-head is offline Find More Posts by gear-head
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:21 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
The build in gyro for CX2 is really a piece of useless junk.No matter how much you adjust on the pot,it will not stay.

Anybody know how much current is drawing by the motor.Might be going to install a HH gyro
Hazy is offline Find More Posts by Hazy
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
Gravity sucks...
The Colony, TX
Joined Sep 2004
296 Posts
This is a common problem with these small inexpensive multi rotor co-ax helis. The reason (as you may know) is because without a tail rotor, yaw is controlled solely by the angular momentum generated as a result of the differential speed between the two rotors.

So to turn one direction is simply a matter of reducing the speed of one rotor, while turning the other direction requires that rotor speed up. So its much easier for the electronics to signifigantly slow one rotor in relation to the other, but requires a lot more power to achieve the same differential speed (and thus, yaw rate) in the opposite direction.

PS: Notice also that you tend to rise or fall slightly as you pirouette one way or another - this is the result of the rotor generating more or less lift at a given throttle setting when a yaw command is introduced,
Tr0gTX is offline Find More Posts by Tr0gTX
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy
The build in gyro for CX2 is really a piece of useless junk.No matter how much you adjust on the pot,it will not stay.

Anybody know how much current is drawing by the motor.Might be going to install a HH gyro
I would not call the built in gyro a "piece of useless junk" but I will admit that it will not stand up to a $100 HH gyro. But then again, I did not want to spend an additional $75 to $100 for my CX2 either. To get a cheap heli you have to cut corners. Kinda like not getting 600 horse power out of a sock V-8 automobile engine. But if you want to spend some money for better performance, you can get 600 horse power.

To answer your question about the amps, here is a link to a thread concerning just that.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=draw

Good luck and please let us know how the upgrade turns out. A build log with part numbers, prices of parts, and pictures would be helpful to many here at RCGroups that might want to do the same upgrade.

klondike
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes