HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:08 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Discussion
Loyalhanna Dockyard

Uhh...I placed an order with them a week ago today...their site still shows it unshipped...is that the norm for this vender?

Captain Slick
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:19 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,294 Posts
Yes, pretty much. Also, they might not have it in stock, so you may be waiting a while.

The two times I ordered from LHD, it took 3 months and 4 months, respectively, to receive my merchandise. Because the items had to be received by LHD from Europe.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:21 AM
Joined Feb 2005
181 Posts
don and renee are pretty good about shipping orders that are in stock they maybe a little backed up . give them a call or e-mail them. they are pretty good people to deal with
emspaul
EMSPAUL is offline Find More Posts by EMSPAUL
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:23 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoghappy
Uhh...I placed an order with them a week ago today...their site still shows it unshipped...is that the norm for this vender?

Captain Slick
Depends on what you ordered, and if they have it in stock. A lot of their offerings are imported, so there may be a wait

Bear in mind that you won't be getting "instant gratification" like you may get
from those big mailorder places like Tower Hobby.

Loyalhanna carries a LOT of kits, fittings and hardware, most of which you won't see at the big places, or anywhere else, for that matter.

A little patience helps in dealing with the little shops---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Ok..thanks...I did fire off a nice email but haven't heard back. It's not a problem...I don't have to have the parts today. I just wondered about the normal waiting time.

Man...Harbor Models spoils ya with those 2 days at your door deliveries!

Captain Slick
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:13 AM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,583 Posts
I know what you mean.

Tried to get Propshop props from Loyal.... indefinite wait.

Called Propshop... props in stock.

Called Harbor who called Propshop.... had them in 1 week.

Go figure.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:44 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Oct 2003
640 Posts
When Don gets it its on the way to your house.

The tough problem is getting stuff from euorpe with out paying large shipping costs and shrinking dollar aganist the euro. When I order, I usually plan in the time Don tells me it has been taking to obtain parts. The latest order is for prop shop props for the southampton's 3 mm shaft and set screw. I knew I wanted this for the summer so I ordered now because by the second week of October I can start work on model boats again. I slack off during the summer and play with the real ones. I will tell you once you get the when you will find Don can help you with a ton of issues or expand on his ideas based on experiance - He has machine shop equipment for bushing those 20mm props with 4mm thread down to .0625 with a set screw hole for small tug applications.

I know both Don and Rene as well as Der Kaptian as we are all member of the same model boat club. It's fun to brainstorm ideas with these guys and have close sources to see stuff being made first hand.

Rich
rlboats2003 is offline Find More Posts by rlboats2003
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
Central Missouri,USA Along the banks of the Missouri River
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Hoghappy, I know what you mean, I ordered a searchlight from Harbor Models.week before last.I got an email from them that said,got your order today(Monday),sending it out tomorrow,you should recieve it Friday.I actually got it on Thursday!.Total time between ordering and recieving my lights..5 days.I've got the searchlight installed and it looks great.With service like that, I'll be ordering everything I can from Harbor Models.For the rest, Ill have to wait.
tim slocum is offline Find More Posts by tim slocum
Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:15 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,294 Posts
Harbor Models is not the panacea you may think it is. I had major issues with Harbor Models trying to order a JJC sound module.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:43 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Harbor Models is not the panacea you may think it is. I had major issues with Harbor Models trying to order a JJC sound module.
Yes Tom, I remember that.

Unfortunately, that goes with the turf when you don't design and manufacture what you sell.

And even then, it's often tough trying to satisfy a customer---.

But after a while you get used to it---.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,576 Posts
Just as an aside to Harbor Models; I looked up the Midwest Cranberry Isle Lobster Yacht. HM- $279.99 + $19.95 shipping. MACK Products- $152.00 + $8.00 shipping.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Jun 27, 2007, 04:49 PM
Central Missouri,USA Along the banks of the Missouri River
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Because of all the situations listed in the above posts, its very important to shop around.Compare shipping costs,price,delivery time,etc and make an educated decision.Comunication with the retailer is also very important,I doesnt take long to get pissed when communication breaks down.Kmot, your right,I probably got a little too excited because Harbor Models sent my order on a SR-71,but to me,shipping speed is important, I dont like to wait around for something so I can finish a project.Thats just how I am.
tim slocum is offline Find More Posts by tim slocum
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:14 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Feb 2006
1,111 Posts
Yes, it does pay to compare item prices, shipping costs, and company polices. I am very interested in the Salivirle Kit by Tian Jie Models, after price searching online, I emailed the company direct reguarding product and shipping costs...it does pay to shop around... being north of the border
smart_racer is offline Find More Posts by smart_racer
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:24 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart_racer
Yes, it does pay to compare item prices, shipping costs, and company polices. I am very interested in the Salivirle Kit by Tian Jie Models, after price searching online, I emailed the company direct reguarding product and shipping costs...it does pay to shop around... being north of the border
Though it pays well to shop around, what is it that you are looking for?

Contacting a Chinese company will give you promises with no recourse---.

Buy American, or if you're across the pond, buy in Pounds Sterling---.

As Popeye said, "yer pays yer money, and yer takes yer chances---"
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:12 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Feb 2006
1,111 Posts
der kaptain...The item I was looking for is the "Salivirle" kit by Tian Jie Models

I have been ordering online from Hong Kong suppliers lately, with great results...order Monday... on my doorstep Wednesday (to Canada) by EMS

I buy Canadian, American, and Chinese

I have Paypal'ed my money and have not been stiffed yet...but there is always a first LOL
smart_racer is offline Find More Posts by smart_racer