HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:23 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
Discussion
Jeti Spin Box - How to?

I must be an idiot (I am a self confessed Certified Dunny), because I can't figure out how to read recorded flight data with the Jeti Spin Box. Near as I can tell, I need to connect it after a flight, with the receiver power turned off. That's the only way I've been able to get into what looked like flight data mode, but none of the data seems to reflect actual flight conditions.

I tried it with my Spin 200, used with a Neu 2215 on 12S, and it said something like 35 amps, which might be right if there was a 1 in front of the 35

Can some kind soul please give me some clues?
KatManDEW is offline Find More Posts by KatManDEW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:39 AM
0 Carbon fp? don't breed!
www.dhrc.rchomepage.com Gloucester/Cheltenham Gloucester, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
2,161 Posts
Not sure what's going on.
With the Spin11, I pull the ESC servo connector off the Rx and fit it the right way round in the lower servo connector hole on the Spinbox. Then power up the ESC and follow the menu options into the 'Measure' section, scrolling down for the last flight data log record.
DarkHorse is offline Find More Posts by DarkHorse
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
marshall , va
Joined Jul 2003
784 Posts
My spin 99 works fine in data mode. rec power is off, hook up box to controller cable
hook up small lipo pack to esc (3s 2100)
then read the data mine seems accurate and goes along with static watt meter readings
kmp647 is offline Find More Posts by kmp647
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Then power up the ESC and follow the menu options into the 'Measure' section, scrolling down for the last flight data log record.
Does it store data from multiple flights?

Quote:
My spin 99 works fine in data mode. rec power is off, hook up box to controller cable
hook up small lipo pack to esc (3s 2100)
Do you mean the main power to the ESC. or the little receiver power jack in the Spin Box?

I know I'm toopid, but the instructions seemed vauge about the different connection options for programming, and reading flight data.

Thanks!
KatManDEW is offline Find More Posts by KatManDEW
Old Jun 29, 2007, 03:57 AM
0 Carbon fp? don't breed!
www.dhrc.rchomepage.com Gloucester/Cheltenham Gloucester, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
2,161 Posts
Mine only stores data from the last flight.

Plug the ESC servo cable into the bottom
port on the spin box then connect the battery
to ESC to power up (you may have a switch on
the larger Spin ESCs?).

Main Battery power -> Spin ESC ->(servo cable)-> SpinBox
DarkHorse is offline Find More Posts by DarkHorse